Carlos Correa | 5 |

for Lizbeth Chinnaa100

celebrating the first ever World Series title win for Houston, Lizbeth spent her Friday afternoon in downtown Houston watching the Astros carry the trophy for the millions of fans to see.

Lizbeth herself had waited long enough for a championship to come to her hometown, feeling as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders once she watched Jose Altuve record the final out in game seven.

"Houston," Dallas Keuchel addressed the Houston crowd. "why the hell did it take so long to get a championship?"

Lizbeth was one of the millions cheering as the Astros players gave short speeches about how they felt, how happy they made the fans, and what more they were going to do for the next season.

she stood relatively close to the stage that the players stood on, recording their speeches and taking photos as they smiled in triumphant to their fans.

"we were told that we weren't supposed to win against Boston," George Springer spoke into the microphone. "we were told that we weren't supposed to win against New York. how did that turn out?"

Lizbeth reacted by shouting, clapping for the trophy George held up for the crowd to see.

"we wanted to bring something back for this great city of Houston," there were louder cheers.

she continued to take pictures, each of the players individually, staring from the left side of the stage to her right.

she snapped everyone from Yuli Gurriel, Marwin González, Josh Reddick, and Dallas Keuchel, until a set of eyes were staring dead into her camera.

Carlos Correa looked to have been waiting for Lizbeth to make her way across the stage, already giving a small grin with his sunglasses off as he stared in her direction.

Lizbeth took his photo anyway and noticed the larger grin Carlos put on, moving her camera to look at him right back.

most people look away when they get caught staring. especially if they are strangers. but, Lizbeth knew who Carlos was - from what she saw on social media and television.

she was confused on why he hadn't looked away from her view yet.

as the speeches ended, the sound of confetti exploding made Lizbeth jump, causing her to let out a loud gasp and to break eye-contact with Carlos.

she looked back at him in a hurry, watching the smirk on his face as he shook his head and she could've sworn she heard his laughter all the way to where she was standing.

then, as the players were walking off the stage, Carlos tilt his head to the right side multiple times. it was his way of telling Lizbeth to walk in his direction.

she picked up on the memo, and successfully slipped out of the crowd with a rapid heat beat, not believing this was actually happening to her.

"you aren't allowed back here, ma'am," a large officer informed her, holding his thick arm to prevent her from taking a step further.

"no! it's okay, she's good!" Lizbeth saw Carlos frantically trying to stop the officer. "I know her, she's with me,"

the officer shrugged, putting his arm down which allowed Carlos to gently grab her wrist and lead her in the direction the team was going.

"you alright?" Carlos asked.

Lizbeth couldn't answer right away. her emotion was a mixture of surprise and nervousness. the Carlos Correa was actually talking to her.