Alex Bregman | 9 |

for Sarah scr73005

"you just need to get out more, dude. take your mind off baseball and school for a while. why don't you meet someone?" Alex Bregman's friend, Kramer told him through their phone conversation.

"me and the guys are getting a little worried," he added.

"worried for what? who says I'm ready to be open to somebody?" Alex threw himself backwards on his bed and sighed.

"maybe you should try it. spending too much time alone doesn't bother you? we're thinking that you may be gay,"

"I'm not gay, Kramer," his jaw clenched. "I just have too much on my mind to even think of having a girlfriend. I'm perfectly fine,"

Kramer scoffed. "no, you walk around depressing everybody. you hardly smile and you never want to have fun. you can be exciting, but you need someone to bring it out for you,"

Alex rolled my eyes and sat up against his headboard.

"where am I gonna find someone who would be interested in me? I can't just go and start up a conversation with some chick and make her smile and laugh. I'm not like you, Kramer,"

"make her smile and laugh? it's called having a sense of humor, Alex. you should get one. they're nice,"

Kramer rambled on and on about where Alex could pick up a girl, but he never liked the idea of "picking up."

but he made a few valid points.

Alex was lonely, but that was how he liked it. he did need to get out more, but half the people in the world are assholes.

"you're a good looking man, dude. you should get the attention of any girl's eye,"

"love sucks,"

"so does your attitude,"

"Kramer, I'm getting bored with this conversation so I'm just gonna end it in three..."

"wait, dude!"

"..two,"

"Alex!"

"one,"

Alex's thumb clicked the 'end' button and he tossed it to the side of him.

he wasn't sure why he even called Kramer when he constantly tells him the same thing.

and Alex didn't need anyone to tell him he was a good looking man - he knew that.

the only thing was, he didn't know anyone who would've wanted to be bothered with him.

the next day, Kramer dragged Alex to watch the LSU Lady Tigers volleyball match-up.

they met with a couple of their other friends and took the seats in the front row.

Sarah, who was preparing to take the court was tightening her hair when she noticed brown orbs glued on her.

she looked in their direction and saw a guy who looked somewhat familiar to her, concerned about why he was staring at her.

"hey," Alex tapped Kramer. "who's that?"

Kramer followed Alex's pointed finger.

"Sarah," he answered.

"Sarah what?"

"Rogers, I think,"

her name was all Alex needed. with that, he was finally going to take his chances and get his mind off other things.