Alex Bregman | 10 |

for jipolie01

Alex Bregman quietly locked the front door back after entering inside the home he and his girlfriend, Deisay shared.

they lived in a nice home in a nice neighborhood, but it wasn't much of a nice relationship anymore that lived within.

Alex was aware of the issue as he took light steps up the stairs in the dark at the lull hour of the early morning.

in the bedroom, he observed his sleeping girlfriend and took everything it had to stay silent when he quickly washed up and changed clothes.

"you played great today," he heard Deisay mumble when he crept into their bed next to her.

he smirked at her comment. "thank you. and you know what? I probably could've played even better if you were there,"

"maybe I could make the next road trip," Deisay commented.

Alex lightly smiled at the response. "how's your job been?"

he would've rather responded "that's what you said the last time" but he and Deisay always had limited time with each other.

he wasn't going to use the time they did have together to fight.

"I'm still there," she sighed.

"you look tired," Alex turned her body over and even in the darkest light, he was still able to see Deisay's gentle eyes. "why don't you take some time off and venture out?"

"teaching is all I know how to do," she picked her head up to allow Alex to slide his arm underneath. "I don't have the brains to be a doctor or...an accountant? I don't know,"

"there's more to you than just that. I mean, you've always been around for me all these years being so strong and encouraging. and babe, I'll shamfully admit that I've taken you for granted and I'm sorry,"

Deisay let out a few muffled sounds after Alex's words. she never looked at the situation in his way, yet there they were having the unexpected conversation at two in the morning.

"what are you saying?"

"I'm saying you have the ability to start fresh and do something that you'll enjoy," Alex said. "I know you love teaching those kids but your determination drains you out. you say it's easy, but I know it isn't,"

"to be honest, it keeps me up at night," Deisay laughed at her own confession. "I can't even remember the last time I've had a good night sleep,"

Alex's body went upright a little. Deisay always told him she slept better when he was with her but since he was away for long periods, he never asked how she slept with him away.

"that can change," he murmured. "you can come with me on the trips and when we're here, we can go to bed at the same time?"

"when's the last time we even had sex?" Deisay's question got her and Alex both thinking.

of course, the both of them didn't have an answer. and when they really tried to remember, they always had different answers.

obviously they were both busy doing their own things but being intimate hadn't crossed their minds in a while. not even during their facetime calls when Alex was away.

"is it sad that neither of us know?" Alex asked.

"it could, but it also couldn't,"

a thought came into Alex's mind. primarily since the both of them were wide awake.