Max Stassi

for Tris DodgerGirlx

living in Florida was always a plus when it came to the shining sun over the clear blue waters.

on this specific Saturday, Tris was spending a beach day along with some friends for the weekend.

Tris and her friends were in West Palm Beach and enjoyed their time while swimming, sun bathing, and partying.

after their day was done when the sun was setting, her and her friends headed to get something to eat before strolling past the gift shops.

the streets were busy, filled with young adults heading out for a night out of fun whereas Tris was exhausted and ready to go home.

she was most certain that her swimming all day, lack of water, and an all day exposure to the draining of the sun contributed to her drowsiness.

"just let me get a coffee really quick," she told one of her friends as they passed a Starbucks.

it was an hour drive back to her home and since she had to be the one driving all of her friends home as well, she knew she had to get them home alive.

"kay," her friend sighed as she went back to her phone.

Tris took a five dollar bill out of her wallet and entered inside to the counter.

the girl behind the counter moved toward the register and smiles faintly. "what can I get you?"

Tris stated her order and hands her the cash.

the girl gently placed the money into the register and then hands Tris back a dollar and twenty-five cents.

"long drive somewhere?" the barista asks and moves over to the machines.

sighing, Tris rubs her forehead and follows her, still the other side of the counter. she rests her arms and head on a ledge, before giving a wide yawn.

"about an hour. maybe two with this traffic," she answers.

the door on the other side of the café opens and there's laughing. Tris doesn't look back though. she was too tired.

"ow! what the hell?" one of them laughs again with footsteps heading in her direction.

"that sucks," the barista says quietly and then sits Tris's coffee cup on the counter. "did you have fun today, though?"

"it was amazing..." Tris stood up normally and yawned again, before reaching for the coffee. "best time yet,"

"good," the barista smiles again. "have a good night!"

"you too..." Tris looked down to open the lid and then turn, not paying attention.

before she could even attempt to swerve, someone crashes directly into her and the guy curses.

in what seemed like slow motion, the coffee cup drops from Tris's hands and then thuds onto the floor, hot coffee splashing up toward both Tris and the guy.

her hands immediately move up to her mouth and she gasps, looking at a pair of coffee soaked white shoes.

"oh, shit!" the guy's friend busts into laughter and strategically hops around the huge pool of coffee beneath Tris and the stranger.

"close call!" he then grins and continues hopping toward the register line.

"I am so sorry!" Tris muttered, her voice shaky and nervous as she stared up at him.

on the outside, she appeared as a frightened little girl. but on the inside, she was mentally murdering herself.

"why am I so clumsy? why couldn't I have held onto the damn coffee?" Tris thought in her mind.

the guy's face scrunches up in distaste, before he wipes the top of his arm against his jeans.

"I guess that's what I get for buying white shoes. what was I thinking?" he said.

Tris bites down on her bottom lip and turns, stepping out of the puddle and grabbing a few napkins.

"I really am sorry... I wasn't paying attention," Tris turns back to him and he's right there, reaching for a napkin as well. she sighs and presses the napkin in her hand to the bottom of his shirt.

after about a minute of trying to scrub the stains out of his shirt, he bends down and begins to soak up some of the coffee from his shoes.

"so, what's your name?" he asks while dabbing the napkin on his foot.

"Tris,"

"hmm..." he responded before standing back up. "I'm Max. Max Stassi," he extended his hand for a handshake.

Tris dried off her hands from the wet napkin before accepting his handshake. "this isn't usually how people meet,"

Max shrugged. "it could've been worse. it could've been me who spilled coffee on you,"

Tris laughed after Max's response. she got a good look at him and noticed that he was quite attractive in her eyes.

"you from around here?" Max asked her.

"I live about an hour away. I just came to have a beach weekend,"

"ever come around here for anything else?"

"no," Tris shakes her head. "there are other fun things to do out here I'm sure, but I only come for the beach,"

"perhaps you should head out the Ballpark of Palm Beaches," Max suggested.

as soon as those words left Max's mouth, his friend came bouncing happily beside him.

"you just met her and already forcing her to go out the park?" he takes a bite out of a giant cookie and shakes his head, glancing at Tris.

"he's like a drug, sweetheart. you just have to say no...or get one of those water spray bottles for dogs that you can use when it starts humping your leg," Max's friend told Tris.

"fuck off Joe..." Max laughs and takes a step back from Tris, before walking around the coffee puddle and heading to the register line. "we were talking about the different things to do around here,"

Max squints and looks up at the menu, scratching his head confusedly. Tris smiles to herself as he leans forward to the lady in front of him. "what's in the tropical smoothie?"

a few minutes later, both Max, Tris, and Joe have their drinks and the three of them head outside where Tris tries to return to her friends.

"going home now?" Max asks her.

"yeah," Tris sighed. "I've been out here since ten this morning...and it's eight right now,"

"you should come out with me and some of my other friends. me and Joe are meeting some other people at this place down the street. besides, you owe me for my shoes,"

"I have to drive my friends home," Tris said.

Max frowned. "can't they drive themselves?"

"we all came here in my car,"

Tris looked as Max thought for a second. "why don't you let them go home, you come with us, and then I'll drive you home? or you and I could just go some place else?"

"and what are you going to do about Joe?" asked Tris.

"he's a big boy! I'll just leave him to figure it out,"

"you can't ditch him!"

"oh, calm down, Tris... you're giving me anxiety," Max cringed.

"who are we ditching?" Joe trots over, wiping his hands on his jeans. "my drink almost spilled,"

"I'm gonna drive Tris home, okay? see ya," Max grabs her hand and pulls her forward.

"wait! what am I supposed to do...?" Joe stands there, his arms held out.

"start walking!" Max shouts at a left-behind Joe. "work off those calories!"