José Altuve | 4 |

for Emily BaseballRevolution

José Altuve's face was anxiously pressed against the window as he stared out at the passing traffic.

he was seeing his girlfriend, Emily in approximately one hour.

his heart was racing and his palms sweating. he couldn't wait to have her back in his arms.

"she's good for you," Carlos Correa spoke from behind him, causing José to jump and face him.

"what?" he asked, confused.

"Emily, she's good for you, she's changed you," he explained, sitting down in the seat next to him.

they were alone as the other guys were sitting closer to the front on the bus that was taking them back to Minute Maid Park after the road trip in Los Angeles.

"what do you mean? I thought you were completely against our relationship," José frowned, and Carlos shook his head.

"I was at first, when you first started dating because she is so young. but I've noticed a change in you over the last month or so, and I like it,"

"what changes?" José asked, still puzzled.

"the way you act, you're smiling all the time! you don't look as mad and you seem to have more fun when on the field. what happened to the José who was all serious instead of facetiming his girlfriend for two hours?" Carlos wondered, chuckling.

"she's my everything." José smiled softly, thinking about Emily.

"don't let her go, Jose," Carlos told José, staring at him before leaving to go to up front to check on the other guys.

"how much longer?" José called to the driver.

"only a few minutes to the stadium and you'll be back to your lover!" he shouted back, making kissy faces at him.

José laughed and flipped him off, relaxing back into his seat as he waited for the stadium to come into view.

finally, the moment came. he was bouncing with excitement as the bus pulled into the parking lot.

José quickly exited off and jumped into his own car.

"see you later, boys!" he called, and each of his teammates grinned at his state.

José slammed the door shut and nearly broke the speed limit trying to quickly get to his home that he shared with Emily.

when he parked in his spot in the driveway, he wasted no time in killing the engine and grabbing his suitcases from the backseat.

just as José was about lift his hand to open the door, it flew open and his arms were suddenly full.

he dropped the handle of the suitcases, holding Emily tightly as he walked the both of them into the house.

he breathed in her scent, letting it wash over himself as he had deeply missed it over the last few days.

Emily shuffled down his body until her feet hit the floor again, but her arms were still wrapped tightly around her boyfriend's neck.

"you know, you're cutting off my air supply," José spoke in her ear, smiling.

"I missed you so much," she spoke, pulling away but keeping contact.

"I missed you too," he replied, cupping her face in his hands and leaning down to kiss her.

he almost had forgotten her taste. one of his hands left her cheek and tangled in her chocolate locks and their lips molded together perfectly.