Charlie Morton

for Reasie archerland

"alright then, Charlie. you have met the qualifications of this position and I look forward to seeing you excel in your new position as manager," Charlie Morton's new manager told him. "congratulations,"

Charlie accepted the firm handshake, overly excited at being named the floor manager at Morton's Steakhouse, especially on his first day of the job.

to top it off, he was only eighteen. what other eighteen year old was a manager? he felt that he was living up to his full potential.

Charlie skipped out of the boss's office and into the dining area where he would meet his employees for the first time.

seventeen year old Rease, was utterly disappointed when she learned of a new guy, "Charlie Morton," was coming along to become manager.

Rease had been working at the restaurant since she was sixteen, doing almost all the work, making sure the money was fixed in the register, and always winning employee of the month awards.

she deserved the manager spot. why give to a new guy who's never worked there before?

"hey," Charlie approached Rease who instantly put a frown on her face. "I'm Charlie Morton, your new floor manager. which one of the girls are you?"

"which one of the girls am I?" Rease sneered. "I'm Rease. the one who does everything around here,"

"okay then, Rease," Charlie muttered. "how do things work around here?"

Charlie seemed a bit intimidated as he spoke to Rease. she gave off the impression that she didn't take too kindly to strangers.

that, or she just wasn't the type of person to take shit from anyone. and not even her new manager was safe from her wrath.

Rease scoffed. "you're the new manager right? you earned this position. you should know what to do," and with that, she marched away from him.

Rease was never one to hold petty grudges, especially towards people she barely knew. but something about Charlie being her new manager irked her.

Charlie took the manager spot that she was supposed to have. he took the higher paycheck, the power of authority, and it belonged to her.

"I'll need you to come in tomorrow," Charlie informed Rease on a late Friday night during closing.

Rease rolled her eyes. she thought Charlie was doing it all on purpose. he knew that Saturday's were always her off-days.

"I'm not on the schedule," she mumbled.

"I'm putting you back on," Charlie smartly replied with a smirk.

"shouldn't you be away at college or something? you're eighteen," Rease thought to herself.

"you have to listen to your manager, Miss Reasie," Charlie added.

Rease groaned. "look, just because you share the same last name of the restaurant doesn't mean you own the whole franchise or whatever. and do not call me that. only my friends call me that,"

"oh? I hadn't noticed that my name is Charlie Morton and that I'm a manger at Morton's Steakhouse," Charlie rolled his eyes. "quite clever, Reasie,"

Charlie watched in laughter as Rease stormed off to vent her frustrations on her co-worker, Deisay.

"what did Charlie do this time?" Deisay automatically knew what Rease was upset about.