José Altuve | 7 |

for Brinley Chubby_Bunny_Girl

watching the clouds through the window, Brinley sighed in nervousness and clutched her hands tightly around her seatbelt in the airplane seat.

she wasn't too nervous about flying since it was something she did all the time. she was more nervous of facing her husband, José Altuve, when she stepped foot in Los Angeles.

José, who was busy preparing for Game Seven of the World Series was frustrated enough already.

but his wife, Brinley only made things more complicated.

Brinley was aware of it, remembering the argument her and José left before him and the team caught their flight for the last two games of the series.

"I don't see why you just don't come," José threw a pair of shorts into his suitcase he was packing for the trip. "this is important for me and you know I want you to be there,"

"I have to work, José. I know that this series is important for you but I have my own company that's important to me, too,"

"why can't you just have your assistant take over? it's only for two days. this is a chance for the both of us to get closer," José clasped his hands around his back and stared at Brinley, waiting for an answer.

"yes, it is, but I just cannot do it, José," Brinley sighed. "I don't know what else to tell you,"

Brinley didn't like to see José this way. especially when he had a lot of pressure weighing on him and she wasn't helping to make it better.

she just didn't know how to explain her situation. she knew José wouldn't understand.

"I thought this was fate," José said. "I thought this was something that would bring us closer but I guess I thought wrong,"

"I'm going to make this up to you,"

José shook his head. "forget it, Brinley. I'm glad to know where I stand when it comes to your job. and you don't seem to care,"

Brinley gasped. "José! you know I love you," she immediately rubbed her finger over her wedding ring that symbolized her love for him.

"you have a real funny way of showing it," he muttered. "it's fine. don't come. you'll probably be on your phone the entire time anyway,"

José closed his suitcase violently, a frown shown on his face which Brinley knew was built up from anger and frustration.

"José..."

"goodbye, Brinley,"

"ma'am," the flight attendant brought Brinley out of her daydream. "we're landing in ten minutes," she informed Brinley.

Brinley nodded and gathered up a few of her belongings, thinking of what she could say to José whenever she would see him.

José didn't know that she was coming. in his eyes, she was working at her company without bothering to at least watch him on the television.

Brinley, who had cancelled all of her work priorities for the remainder of the week bought her plane ticket and was set on watching her husband play in person.

while at it, she figured she'd give all her employees the rest of the week off to watch their city compete in the championship run.

she took in a deep breath when she entered into Dodger Stadium, her already purchased ticket in hand. she wore her favorite jeans and her customized number 27, José Altuve jacket.