Jake Marisnick

for Grace ForeverGrace0713

Grace shook her sleeping best friend, Jake Marisnick, awake who was stretched out across her living room sofa.

he, along with a few of their other friends were hanging at Grace's house and he was the lone straggler.

"Jakey," she began to whisper when her shake attempts didn't make him budge. "wake up, Jakey,"

Jake stirred around but still didn't open his eyes. this caused Grace to shake him a bit more aggressively and to speak in a regular tone.

"Jake," she said. "it's time to wake up. We're going somewhere,"

finally, Jake woke up flustered and glared at Grace for startling him.

Grace laughed in his face and he sat up, groaning and fixing his hair away from his face and straightened his now-wrinkled Astros shirt.

"Grace, I know it's two in the morning and I passed out on your couch, but come on," Jake stood up and stretched himself out. "what are you doing,"

"it's not "what are you doing," silly. it's more like, "where are we going?" said Grace.

Jake stared and gave her a quizzical look. he always wondered what went on in her mind during these wee hours of the morning that gave her the need to do something odd.

"fine. where are we going?" he corrected himself.

Grace laughed. "just follow me. I know the way,"

Grace and Jake were seventeen year old teenagers and best friends.

their friendship formed in eighth grade and has now carried its way to their senior year in high school.

they were both turning eighteen in a few months and before they would know it, they'd be graduation seniors stepping into adult life.

Grace was aware of the issue, and embarked on one last fun and memorable thing her and Jake could do together just by themselves.

it was the way she liked it.

"get on I-10," Grace instructed and watched Jake turn the wheel of his car onto the freeway.

surprisingly, there was no traffic on this Houston freeway. so blinkers and precautions weren't necessary.

"why are we going downtown?" Jake asked.

"listen to what I say and we shall wait and see," Grace turned the radio louder.

Jake turned the volume back down. "Grace, you always plan the strangest things at this time. what do you have going on in that pretty little head?"

"you're going to love it, Jake. this isn't like anything else we've ever done,"

Jake tried to remember all the risky things he participated in with Grace. "are there any crimes involved? felonies? misdemeanors?"

"remind me. is breaking and entering a felony?" Grace was unsure.

Jake gasped and looked over to her with no problem. with no other cars on the freeway, they were able to do whatever and not worry about getting into an accident.

"yes!" Jake exclaimed. "Grace. where are we going? we can't get into trouble. we're about to graduate and what about college – "

Jake rambled and Grace cringed. "ugh, Jake. we won't get caught. I've scoped the place out already. we'll be fine. don't you trust me?"