George Springer | 10 |

for Victoria young_fairfax_wifey

"feel it? I'm so excited!" George Springer had his hand over his heart and grabbed his fiancée's hand to put over it.

Victoria smiled as she felt the strong, fast heartbeat under her hand as she laid back, feeling deflated.

"would Dad like to cut the umbilical cord?" the doctor asked George who quickly snipped away at the string that was poking out their newborn's bellybutton.

after cleaning him up, the nurse handed the baby over to George who acted like he'd been holding a baby all his life.

Victoria was drained, but she could see the love shining in George's eyes as he looked at their bundle of joy.

"he's beautiful," George whispered to Victoria as he brought him over.

George was right. their baby was beautiful.

he had his dad's face with dreamy eyes and almond hair.

"how about we put him in some clothes?" the nurse suggested as she tried to take the newborn from George.

"I can do it!" he twisted his arms away gently and laid his son on the changing mat.

George insisted that his first outfit be an Astros nappie. after he dressed him and added booties and a hat, he finally handed him over to Victoria.

"here's your mommy," he said as he placed him in Victoria's arms. "so hun, what's his name gonna be?"

Victoria locked eyes and felt a forever moment's warmth in her chest.

"little Georgie," she smiled at her baby son who took her attention with stride with his big brown eyes and cheeky little face.

she knew naming him George Springer IV was the perfect name after seeing the strong inherited Springer genes.

George kissed Victoria's forehead as he watched the mother-son bond form within seconds.

he knew all of their lives were forever changed but it was in the best possible way to him.

their life has become even more amazing and he was going to do anything for his son and soon-to-be wife.

-

"hey, baby," George murmured. "I know he isn't all that fussy and everything, but are you sure you and him will be okay out there?"

"don't worry. I'll have him in the swaddle carrier the entire time and come back every now and then," Victoria assured George, attentively.

"but are you going to be okay, too?" he repeated.

"I'll be fine! I swear,"

it had been a month since Georgie IV was born and his dad's worried were aimed at his first appearance in Minute Maid Park.

George and Victoria has finally decided it was appropriate to bring Georgie to one of his dad's baseball games for the first time, even if he would never remember.

and besides that, the team was eager to see the newest Springer in their clan.

"is that him," Jake Marisnick gasped, tiptoeing towards George and Victoria in caution.

George grinned at Jake's behavior and told him it was okay to get closer.

Victoria positioned Georgie to where Jake could see his face, watching the two stare at each other.

Jake clears his voice, gazing at the infant. "may I, please?" he hesitantly extends his arms out, waiting for approval.

"is there any specific way I need to hold him?" he asks.

"always make sure to support his head. rest your arm under his neck," Victoria instructed, carefully handing Georgie to Jake.

"gotcha," Jake watches, taking the little bundle into his arms. "he's so little!" he says immediately.

"he's a nine pounder," George shrugs.

Jake shares glances between George and Georgie, his eyes moving up and down in half seconds.

"yes," he nods. "Georgie, you're your daddy's son,"

when it was game time, Victoria and Georgie joined the other wives in the stands and cheered on for big George.

every time George stepped foot onto the field to either bat or field, he always looked in their direction to see if they were alright.

heading into the bottom for the eighth inning, it was time for Georgie's feeding so Victoria headed back inside the clubhouse.

she finished watching the game from the inside television until Georgie shortly fell asleep afterwards.

"pssst..." Victoria turned to see Alex Bergman and José Altuve standing in the doorway after the game was over. "can we come in?"

"of course,"

quietly, both men entered to get their share at Georgie.

"he looks just like George!" Alex whispered, studying the infant child as he slept.

"well, George is the dad," José replied sarcastically.

Alex rolled his eyes. "well Tori is also his mom and anything that has her genes is bound to be good-looking, too,"

"are you trying to score a date with her? she's engaged," José chuckled, pushing Alex out the way so he could get a better look at Georgie.

Alex playfully punches José and looks at Victoria.

"Tori, as much as I'm certain that you would want to go on a date with me too, that can't happen. but I wasn't lying when I said you were good-looking. just don't tell George,"

"are you afraid of George?" Victoria laughed.

"no, I am not. but the guy is 6'3, 220. that counts for something," he shrugged.

"Alex," José sighed. "tu es un baboso,"

José took his hat off his head and scratched.

"I'm gonna go change and wash up really quick. I wanna hold Georgie before I leave," he told Victoria, leaving the room with Alex following behind.

Victoria silently giggled at their bickering she could hear from the hall.

smiling, she watched as George joined her in the room already changed and cleaned.

he sat beside her on the couch in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

then he innocently kisses her arm and beams at her.

"you okay?" he whispers. "how do you feel?"

"I'm great..." Victoria reaches over and runs her fingers through George's hair. "how do you feel?"

"I feel like a dad," he rests his head on her shoulder and slowly closes his eyes. "it's an awesome feeling,"

Victoria responds by wrapping her arm around his neck and kisses his forehead.

"I love you," she says.

"I love you both," George murmurs, stroking her side gently. "I love you both so much,"

hoped you enjoyed this girly!