Carlos Correa | 3 |

for Daniela Daniela9503

on a early Saturday afternoon, downtown Houston was being painted orange with thousands of Astros fans making their way into Minute Maid Park to witness game two of the ALCS.

they all knew how important this series was going up against the Yankees and Daniela's nerves were at an all time high when she saw how nervous her boyfriend, Carlos Correa was.

as much as Carlos tried to be the type of guy and say that he was never nervous for anything, it was evident in his face as he paced around the entire clubhouse.

"Carlos," Daniela grabbed his hand in an attempt to calm him down. "you've played in the postseason before. I know that you'll be okay,"

"but it didn't end well the last time," he threw his head back.

"that was nearly two years ago. we're past that. you're better than that," Daniela caressed his face. "you can do this,"

moments passed and then finally, it was game time. Daniela took her seat in the wives section and looked on, witnessing a heart-racing game unfold.

in the fourth inning, she looked on as Carlos rounded the bases after he hit a solo home-run, screaming once she learned that the call stood after a review.

she felt her heart rate rise due to all the adrenaline in the stadium and gave Carlos her biggest smile once he looked in her direction.

as the game carried on behind Justin Verlander's pitching gem and the lack of Astros offense, Daniela was sitting on the edge of her seat when the game approached the bottom of the ninth inning tied at one a piece.

watching José Altuve get to first base after hitting a single off of Aroldis Chapman, Daniela stood to her feet to watch Carlos make his way into the batter's box.

"come on, babe," she whispered to herself. "finish it,"

watching Chapman throw at 99mph really had her nervous on how Carlos would react to the pitches.

she stood still for what seemed like an eternity, watching the foul balls and called balls.

when Carlos's count filled into 3-2, Daniela watched as Chapman delivered another 99mph pitch and screamed once more when Carlos hit a line-drive sharply in the gap between right and center field.

Carlos ran until he was at second base, stopping to turn and see his teammate successfully score on his RBI-double, feeling his body jump from excitement knowing he walked off to win 2-1.

Daniela jumped up and down along with the rest of the audience, proud of her boyfriend for driving in both of the runs and for knowing it was her words that made Carlos feel better.

"Carlos!" she yelled with joy after she had met back up with him in the clubhouse. she wrapped her arms around him and he picked her up in response. "I'm so proud of you,"

"I didn't know I could do that!" Carlos said.

"I told you that you could do it!" Daniela exclaimed.

they let go of each other and the team surrounded Carlos once again, specifically Justin.

"you gotta future, kid," Justin patted Carlos's shoulder. "I don't even know who's the real winner here,"

"I'm gonna give it to you because I'm a nice guy," Carlos smiled and replied. "but I'm just helping out,"

"you're keeping your head up and coming back stronger," Daniela quietly said from his side.

Carlos looked down at her and grinned. "let's go have a quick celebration," he said. "all of us," he then said louder.

miraculously, someone had found left over bottles of champagne and called for champagne showers.

once the bottles popped open and the spritzing begun, Daniela looked on from the side as her boyfriend and his friends celebrated another win before they all had to take a road trip.

"for you," Carlos approached Daniela, a champagne bottle being shook quickly in his hand.

"what are you doing?" she looked at the bottle in freight, knowing exactly what Carlos was thinking of doing.

he laughed. "come on now, love," he said. "I owe my performance to you," he winked.

"Carlos - " was all Daniela was able to say before Carlos aimed the bottle in her direction, the liquid splashing heavily all over her face and body.

for the third time of the day, she screamed at his actions and tried to cover her eyes while also tasting the champagne as it flew into her mouth.

with her hair soaked and skin sticky, her champagne shower was finally over and she looked at Carlos in a way where she couldn't even be mad.

"I said that we were all going to celebrate," he reminded her.

Daniela grabbed two bottles of her own, shook them viciously, and Carlos knew that she was going to hit him back twice as hard.

he let out a laugh before running off, Daniela taking charge and chasing him throughout the clubhouse to give him her own personal champagne shower.