George Springer | 5 |

for Grace ForeverGrace0713

Grace's phone was vibrating next to her at the lull hour of three in the morning. it had awoken her from her sleep and only angered her when she saw who the person it was calling her.

her boyfriend, George Springer.

"what the hell, Georgie?" Grace groggily answered the phone.

"hey! get up, get dressed in black, and be ready. I'm coming to get you," was George's response.

"it's three in the morning..."

even though George wasn't there by her, she knew he was rolling his eyes. "Grace, I really need your help with something. once you know why, you'll be fine,"

"I'll be ready in five," said Grace.

George didn't live too far from Grace and was there to pick her up in less than ten minutes.

he smiled at her once he saw her dressed in black leggings and a black long sleeve to accommodate his requests.

they were both eighteen year old seniors, graduating in a few months. George was captain of the baseball team, and Grace took that role for the softball team.

George had revenge and excitement on his mind, and knew Grace would be a helping factor. she was nervous, but George was determined to bring it out of her.

"what is this about?" Grace asked for the second time.

"Lee High School," he stated, mentioning their rival high school's name and driving down Grace's street.

Grace tilt her head. "what about it?"

"you didn't see what happened on the baseball field?" George was referring to the vandalism that was done on their field and their dugouts.

they both had gone to school and noticed the damage done, everyone curious to find out who did it and George's teammate, Jose Altuve was willing to "beat the shit out of the person who did it."

"that has nothing to do with me," Grace whispered, fearing of anything that George had planned.

"I'm making it your business though," he said. "I need your help,"

"what do you need my help for?" she whispered again.

"why are we whispering?" George whispered back. "it's because you're small and can fit into places. the gate will be locked so I'm gonna have to lift you over,"

Grace gasped. "what gate? where are we going?"

"I told you. Lee,"

Grace began protesting George's plans but it didn't work. no matter how many times or how loud she tried to say the plan was a bad idea that could get them in trouble, George continued to the drive.

he explained how the baseball team from Lee was the one that merked their field, and George wasn't going to let the issue slide.

he said that if him and his teammates weren't going to have a field to practice on, no one was. especially the high school that messed up their field.

at last, they were parked in the back of Lee's parking lot where the baseball fields were.

Grace watched as George reached for cans of spray paint from the backseat of his truck, handing her one.

"why didn't you get any of the guys to help you with this?" Grace inquired. "the baseball field was messed up. not the softball field,"

"because they're all so lame. and because I felt as if you and I haven't been spending much time to ourselves and I was missing you," George smiled at her. "I was missing that cute smile of yours,"

"you could've facetimed me!" Grace retorted. "I would've smiled for you,"

"nope," he grinned. "I want to see that cute smile in person,"

George looked around the perimeter once more to see if anyone was on the school grounds, and soon led the both of them towards the gates of the baseball field.

Grace stopped halfway, her nerves getting the best of her. she was cool and all, but when it came to illegal activities like such, she didn't know how to handle herself.

noticing his girlfriend's frightened gestures, George stopped to make her sure she was alright, letting her know she even more cute when she showed her confidence.

"we're not going to get in trouble," George assured her. "we're going to be in and out before you know it," he snapped his fingers.

"you're going to owe me big for this one," Grace sighed. "I've never done anything like this before,"

"you gotta live a little," he placed a delicate kiss on his forehead for assurance. "it'll be fun to get them back. and if they find out a girl did this, it'd be even funnier,"

Grace nodded and eventually agreed. "what better way to spend time when you miss someone," she sarcastically replied.

"come on, babe," George tugged her hand. "we're acting like ninjas. quick and quiet,"

George went walking forward while Grace stayed behind to catch a few breaths and to ease her nerves.

"I'm a ninja," she repeated, quietly to herself.

"you're damn right you are," George looked back at her, hearing her remark and encouraging her to follow him. "let's go,"

they approached a chain link fence with a gate, which of course was locked. even though the fence looked easy enough to climb, Grace was still hesitant to go on.

"I'll lift you over first, then I'll climb," George instructed, placing his hands on Grace's hips.

"don't drop me," Grace warned.

"shhh," George shushed her. "come on. the true ninja doesn't make this many sounds,"

"the true ninja doesn't make a sound at all," Grace corrected.

George rolled his eyes. "touché,"

finally, they were both on the baseball field of Lee High School and scoping out their dugouts, trying to see what damage they could actually do.

the Lee baseball players had spray-painted their school's dugout, and George and Grace were going to do the same.

George shook a can of spray-paint and handed it to her. "write whatever you want. draw whatever you want. but stay in the dugout. I'll go do work on their field,"

"it's like you're turning me into a badass," Grace laughed, taking the can from him.

"that's the idea," chuckled George, placing a face mask over her to protect her from the fumes.

Grace sprayed the orange spray paint all over the dugout bench, walls, and the bat and helmet cubbies. whatever it was that Lee sprayed in George's and the teams dugout, she did it to theirs.

George quickly did damage on the field. kicking at the pitching mound, pulling up the bases, and also using the orange paint to spray over the grass.

Lee hit their school hard, but Grace and George hit back harder.

"I can't believe I just did this," Grace observed the vandalism she had done. "is this your definition of "live a little," George?"

George wrapped an arm around her, excited to know that his girlfriend did have resilience even if he did have to bring it out of her.

"I have one badass girlfriend," he smiled, more to himself.

"my life would be so boring if you weren't in it," said Grace.

George pulled her in, kissing her as if it was going to be the last time he ever will. the both of their cheeks heated up, and the butterflies exploded in Grace's stomach.

Grace gave him a smile, the one that George thought was always so cute. the smile that attracted him to her.

"I love your smile, babe," he said. "please. don't ever stop smiling,"