Jake Marisnick | 2 |

for Alex Greaser9902

being in a relationship with a professional athlete is so much more than just supporting your partner at a sports event.

dating an athlete was one of the most rewarding and challenging relationships you will ever be in, and Alex knew that.

Alex and Jake were long-time lovers who shared their love on and off the field. Alex knew what she was signing up for when Jake was going farther with his baseball career and she promised him to be there each step of the way.

from Jake's time in the minors, getting traded, spending more time in the minors, getting traded again, getting called up, getting traded for a third time, and finally becoming a starter for the Houston Astros, Alex knew it was all worth it.

"I've seen you wear about fifty different jerseys," Alex said, handing Jake one of his many Astros uniforms. "but the orange definitely looks sexy on you,"

Jake chuckled quietly at her comment and shrugged.

"are you sure it isn't my precious hair flow that you find sexy?" he asks.

"mhm," Alex wraps her arms around Jake's torso. "your precious hair flow plus the orange jersey makes you irresistible,"

"well, get ready to seeing orange mixed with black because that's what I'm going to be wearing soon," he gently frees himself from Alex's arms.

Alex had a questionable look on her face as she watched Jake pack his Astros gear up and hang up the uniforms.

she noticed the gloomy look he wore and knew something was going on that Jake had just hinted at.

"orange mixed with black? she repeated.

"yep," Jake sighed. "I'm changing uniforms, again,"

in that moment, Alex knew what Jake was referring to.

the stressed look he wore on his face was enough to tell her that Jake had been optioned, once again.

"are we going back to Fresno?" she just had to be sure that was what Jake really meant.

"first thing tomorrow,"

"did they tell you for how long?"

"really, Alex?" Jake scoffed. "since when do they ever? the only thing they told me was that they were sending me back down,"

"okay, I didn't mean to make you upset?" Alex timidly responded, not meaning to pinch a nerve in Jake's uptight body.

Jake knew his wording and tone were pretty harsh and he became even more upset because he lashed out on Alex.

he didn't mean to, but the only reason he snapped was because he didn't have anyone else to lash out on.

"you didn't," he finally said, being more gentle now that Alex was uncomfortable. "you just know that I don't like to admit that it's partially my fault,"

"don't beat yourself up,"

"it seems like the only way, babe," he stretched himself onto their bed and pulled Alex down with him. "it's one thing to be a fielder but my job is to be a fielder and a hitter. and I just...can't hit,"

"you can't expect to homer each time you step into the box, Jake," Alex explained.

"I'd rather homer each at bat than what I'm doing now. barely hitting .200,"

"you'll find your old self again, handsome," Alex twirled his hair with her fingers. "I guarantee you'll dominate in Fresno and get called back up before we even settle in,"