iv. bad luck

"SHE'S NOT DEAD!" Derek repeats himself

       "SHE'S NOT DEAD!" Derek repeats himself. Sabrina let out a deep sigh, it had been ten minutes of Derek refusing to believe that Erica was dead.

"Derek, he said, 'there's a dead body, it's Erica.' That doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." Stiles snaps getting annoyed with Derek's refusal.

"The who was in the vault with Boyd?" Derek replies, his eyebrows raising.

"Maybe they took another werewolf." Sabrina speaks up.

"Why would they take another werewolf?" Derek asks, anger lacing his words.

Sabrina understood he was mad and upset, but he didn't need to snap at her. "I don't know, Derek." She replies irritated.

"Hey, maybe it was the girl in the motorcycle, okay?" Stiles comments, "The one that saved you, Isaac."

Isaac shakes his head, dismissing the idea immediately. "No, she wasn't like us, and whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

Sabrina sat up for a moment analyzing Isaac's words. "Guys, what if that's how Erica died? They put them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. Survival of the fittest."

"That's like werewolf thunder dome." Stiles quips.

Derek frowns, looking between everyone. "Then we get them out tonight."

"Be smart about this Derek." Deaton explains, glancing back towards the Alpha. "You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got in then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?"

Scott steps forward. "We need a plan."

"Yes, because our plans always work." Sabrina shakes head slightly. "How in the hell are we going to break into a bank vault in less than twenty-four hours? You idiots can barely do anything without something else terrible happening."

"Uh, I think somebody already did." Stiles answers, his phone in his hand as he reads off an article. "'Beacon Hills First National Bank closes its doors three months after vault robbery.' It doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?" Derek asks.

Stiles scoffs. "It's the internet, Derek. Minutes."

-

When Sheriff Stilinski walked into his sons bedroom, he hadn't expected to find his son lounged on the ground, face planted in the ground, butt in the air as papers stuck to his cheek. He didn't expect to find Scott awkwardly angled in Stiles's desktop chair, and he most definitely didn't expect to find Sabrina asleep on Stiles bed looking like sleeping beauty, laid out nicely and beautifully. Papers were still printing, and the Sheriff let out a sigh, shaking his head.