xlvii. the divine move

THE GROUP FREEZES as they watch VoidSabrina walk into the clearing

       THE GROUP FREEZES as they watch VoidSabrina walk into the clearing. "Like I promised, Sabrina. We're going to kill all of them. One by one." VoidSabrina declares, her voice becoming demonic at the end. Before the spirit even finishes her sentence the oni have already appeared, surrounding the group.

"What the hell is this?" Scott questions, keeping his eyes on VoidSabrina as the oni circle them. "Where are we?"

"Between life and death." VoidSabrina tells them.

"Bardo." Sabrina comments, thinking back to when they met Kira and she told them about the final stage.

"But there are no peaceful deities here, Sabrina." VoidSabrina raises his voice. "You're dying, Sabrina. And now everyone you care about is dying, too."

"What?" Sabrina questions. "What do you mean?"

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Sabrina. The hospital. The sheriff's station. And now the animal clinic." VoidSabrina tells her as she moves closer. "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Sabrina?"

"No, and I don't want to." Sabrina grits out.

VoidSabrina begins explaining anyway, ignoring the young girls request. "When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Lydia... Lydia is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your sister kill you, Sabrina. And you're going to let her. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Lydia kills you first."

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Sabrina questions, tears in her eyes as she holds onto her sister.

"To win the game." VoidSabrina states as the oni closes in on them. Kira and Scott do most the fighting, while Stiles and Lydia drag a weak Sabrina away from the creatures.

"Lydia-Lydia, you have to do it." Sabrina begins. "We can't let anymore people die because of me."

"Sabrina." Stiles interrupts. "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but shut up."

"How is this happening? How are we in this place?" Scott yells.

"You're asking me? A month ago, I'd never even touched a sword." Kira yells back as they continue to fight.

"This can't be real." Lydia whispers.

"Yeah, tell that to them." Stiles comments as they watch their friends.

"I can't- I can't." Sabrina whispers as she watches the oni corner Kira and Scott. Lunging forward out of Stiles and Lydia's grip, Sabrina grabs ahold of one of the oni's swords. Taking a deep breath, the girl places it to her stomach.

"Sabrina, no!" Scott yells, noticing what the girl is doing. "Sabrina."

"What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?" Sabrina questions, glancing between her friends.