xxxiii. puzzle pieces

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, do you? It's a riddle

       "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, do you? It's a riddle. Do you know any riddles, Sabrina?" The man questions as Sabrina tries to stay awake, she was becoming increasingly weak by each passing second.

"A few." Sabrina mumbles.

"What gets bigger the more you take away?" The man questions.

"A hole." Sabrina states, trying to think back to the time when Stiles was talking about some riddles.

"What gets wetter the more it dries?" The man continues.

"A towel." Sabrina exclaims.

"When is a door not a door?" At the mans question Sabrina looks up. Was all of this because she hadn't been able to shut the door in her mind?

"When it's a jar." Sabrina whispers.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Sabrina?" The man questions.

Sabrina shakes her head. "I don't- I don't know."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." The man repeats himself. When Sabrina doesn't answer the man begins to walk towards her, speaking Japanese again. Sabrina lets out a scream when the man grabs ahold of the animal trap, dragging her across the ground. "Wait! No! Wait!" Suddenly Sabrina feels hands grabbing ahold of her.

"Sabrina." Melissa yells, wrapping her arms around the girl. "Sabrina! You're alright. You're okay."

"Wait!" Sabrina continues to yell. She gasps finally realizing who was holding onto her. Getting out of Melissa's hold, she turns to look at the older woman.

"You're alight." Melissa tells her. "Sabrina, you're alight."

-

"So, you think she was just sleepwalking? Or is there something more to it?" Aiden questions, looking towards Derek.

"In this town there's always something more." Derek exclaims, shaking his head. He was glad they found Sabrina, but know he just wanted to go see her.

"What if I told you I know something more? I kind of overheard well, I listened in on Sabrina talking to Scott and Stiles. When those things visited us at your house and Sabrina got knocked out, she had a dream before she woke up. She said that in the dream there was someone telling her to stop fighting this power, to let it take over her." At Aiden's confession Derek looks at him confused, Sabrina hadn't told him anything.

"You think Sabrina, bitchy lovable teenage girl, Sabrina is the Nogitsune? A powerful, dark spirit?" Derek questions.

"I'm not the only one thinking it. I'm just the only one saying it." Aiden states.

"This thing wants to possess someone and chooses Sabrina? Why wouldn't it take someone bigger, stronger? Someone with a little more-" Derek continues, not convinced that his girlfriend had been taken over by an evil ancient spirt. Though as the words left his mouth it made him think. They knew Sabrina wasn't normal, there had been instances where she had made things happen without trying before, they had just never looked into them, they were always too busy. "Power."

-

"She's sleeping now. And she's just fine. She doesn't remember much. It's a bit like a dream to her." Sheriff Stilinski steps out of Sabrina's hospital room before turning to Lydia. "Has anyway informed your mother about whats happened."

"Yeah, she should be here soon." Lydia nods, turning to Melissa and Agent McCall. "Thank you for finding my sister."

McCall shakes his head. "It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out. I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It's just a good thing she mentioned it over the phone."

Sheriff Stilinski sighs, turning to the remaining teenagers. "All right, you three. You've got school in less than six hours. Go home. Go to sleep."

Stiles, Scott, and Lydia begin to walk away when Lydia speaks up. "I don't know what happened. I was so sure."

"Yeah, I wasn't much help either." Scott mutters. "Doesn't matter, if she's okay." Suddenly Lydia stops causing the two other boys to stop as well.

"Lydia, do you hear something?" Stiles questions as Lydia glances around.

"No." Lydia finally states. "I didn't hear anything."

-

"Argent." Derek greets, as the older man opens the door.

"Derek?" Argent questions, a look of confusion written on his face. "What do you need."

"It's about Sabrina." Derek begins, knowing Argent cares for Sabrina. "I need to see the bestiary."

Argent's eyebrows furrow. "You think Sabrina's not human?"

Derek sighs, a defeated look on his face. "I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out how I can help her."

Argent is silent for a moment before he opens his front door completely. "Come in." Derek follows the older man through the apartment as he walks to his office. "Here it is." Argent hands Derek the heavy leather book. "What are you looking for?"

"Well." Derek begins. "I'm not going off much, but Sabrina's been able to do things, odd things, like one time we were arguing and she got mad and I'm pretty sure because of it every piece of glass in my house shattered."

Argent's eyes widen at Derek's statement. "Maybe she's a banshee like her sister?"

"I don't know." Derek mumbles, flipping through the pages. "But I-" Derek stops himself when he reads the description of a certain supernatural being. 'Witches are supernatural who are born with the power to affect change by magical means. Some common abilities among witches include, Telekinesis: The power to move objects and persons through mental influence, Pain Infliction: The power to create excruciating migraines or aneurysms through supernatural means.'

"What is it?" Argent questions when Derek stops speaking. Derek ignores Argent as he continues to read the page. 'Witches are dark beings at heart. Black Magic, is a powerful form of witchcraft that draws on malevolent powers, and may be used for dark purposes that deliberately cause harm in some way. Despite its power, dark magic is known to corrupt the practitioner by distorting the human perception between right and wrong and most practitioners of dark magic become malefic over the course of time. It gets inside the heart and it poisons the mind.'

Derek is silent for a moment as he realizes the real danger Sabrina is in. "She's a witch." Derek begins, glancing up at Argent. "Sabrina's a witch."