xix. art at its finest

"DEREK!" STILES YELLS, continuing to hit Derek

"Stiles, what if he doesn't wake up?" Sabrina questions, tears brimming in her eyes.

"He'll be fine, Sabrina." Stiles reassures the girl as he hits Derek again. "Derek, come on!" Just as Stiles had given up on slapping and was going to move onto punching, Derek caught his arm.

"Oh, my god." Sabrina mumbles, pulling Derek into a hug.

"Where is she?" Derek questions as he looks around the empty elevator.

"Jennifer? Gone... with Scott's mom." Stiles explains.

"She took her?" Derek asks.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here--" Stiles rambles, trying to help Derek up.

Derek stops him. "Whoa! What about Cora?"

-

"Oh, just perfect..." Stiles mumbles, Sabrina's eyebrows scrunch in confusion as she turns to look at what he was talking about. Scott's father had just walked in and was talking to the local police. Sabrina and Stiles had agreed to stay at the hospital and hold off the cops while Derek went to find Cora, but it was going to be a lot harder if they were going to be hounded by Mr. McCall.

"A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" Mr. McCall questions, making his way over to the two teenagers.

"If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." Stiles replies causing a small smirk to appear on Sabrina's face, though it was gone as quickly as it appeared. Sabrina knew who Scott's father was, and she wasn't a fan of him. Her, Stiles, and Scott had, had multiple sleepovers where they stayed up all night talking and Scott's father happened to be the topic of conversation once or twice.

"Where is your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Mr. McCall asks.

Stiles shrugs, playing dumb. "I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours."

"Is he drinking again?" Mr. McCall questions causing Stiles to scoff.

"What do you mean, 'again?' He never had to stop." Stiles tells him.

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" Mr. McCall presses.

"All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet-- start with 'F,' end with U.'" Stiles snaps.

A smug smile appears on Mr. McCall's face at Stiles insult. "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

"We don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time." Sabrina says, finally speaking up. She could see how stressed Stiles was getting and Scott's father wasn't helping.