xii. i'm not a psychic

"GOOD MORNING! AS you all know, Mr

       "GOOD MORNING! AS you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing-- I mean sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?" Miss Blake says.

"Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation-- they just don't know how." Stiles whispers to Sabrina and Scott.

"Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?" Sabrina questions.

"I don't know... But guys, there's got to be at least twenty other doctors in that hospital at least, you know? Any one of them could be next." Stiles explains.

Their conversation was cut short when Scott's phone began to ring. Quickly, he grabbed it out of his pocket answering it. "Hey Doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now, can I call you back later?"

"Unfortunately, no... I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid, at the moment, you're my only hope." Deaton says through the phone. "I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me."

"Doc. Doc, doc, doc-- what's happening?" Scott questions as the line goes dead.

-

"All right, we're doing everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." Sheriff Stilinski states putting his hand on Scott's shoulder. After Scott's call from Deaton he had left school in a hurry. Sabrina and Stiles weren't far behind him, but before they left Stiles had called his father and told him what was happening. After Stilinski had walked away Scott turned to Sabrina and Stiles, he gestured towards the door leading to the back room. Without anything needing to be said the trio followed after one another.

"We have to tell him." Scott urges once they were alone.

"You mean, like, tell him? Or, tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him?" Stiles questions.

"You know what he means." Sabrina states getting on board with Scott.

"You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week!" Stiles exclaims.

"And she got over it." Scott tells him. "And- and it actually made us closer."

"I don't know, dude." Stiles mumbles. "I mean, look at him. Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is!"

"He's overwhelmed because he has no clue what's happening. He's got people dying in his town-- the town that he's supposed to protect-- and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening. He's gonna find out sooner or later." Sabrina explains trying to convince Stiles.

"Yeah, but is now really the right time?" Stiles asks.

"What if not telling him now gets someone else killed?" Scott questions.