xxiii. in-between state

"WELL, WELL, WELL

       "WELL, WELL, WELL... Look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia smirks as they walk into school.

"We're not crazy." Allison corrects.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? You guys should have seen Sabrina last night." Lydia rambles.

"Wow, thank you for that Lydia." Sabrina states, rolling her eyes at her sister.

"We did die and come back to life... That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Scott suggests.

"We keep an eye on each other, okay?" Stiles mumbles as the bell rings. "And Lydia? Stop enjoying this so much."

-

"Not the steadiest hand for a superb marksman." Lydia comments as the girls sit in art class. They were painting pictures for a project right now and Allison could not get her hand to stop shaking.

"It's been happening for the past few weeks. Since that night." Allison explains, finally giving up and setting her paint brush down.

Lydia hands her a new sheet of paper. "Start over."

-

After watching Allison in art class Lydia had decided that durning the girls free period they would go out into the woods so Allison could practice shooting. "Do you really think this is going to help?" Allison questions as she watches Lydia set up he target.

"I know that if you think it's not going to help, it definitely won't!" Lydia mumbles as she makes her way back over to the two girls. "So, get your head into it, shoot a few, and see what happens." Lydia and Sabrina step back as Allison sets an arrow up on her bow. Taking a deep breath Allison releases the arrow, the girls watch as it lands in the ground a couple feet away from the target in the ground. "Oh. Maybe hold the string differently? Try the Mongolian draw.  What? I read. Try it!" Allison does as Lydia says and holds the bow differently, still when she releases the arrow it doesn't hit anywhere near the target. "Okay, um... Take a second to close your eyes and imagine the arrow going into the target."

"Did you see that?" Allison interrupts, her eyes squinting as she looks past the target.

"See what?" Sabrina questions, trying to find what Allison was looking at.

"Wait here." Allison states, grabbing ahold of her bow and arrows.

"Are you serious?" Lydia exclaims.

"I'll be right back." Allison mutters, glancing back at the twins.

"You did not just say that!" Lydia whines, before turning to her sister. "So, are we gonna talk about what happened last night?"

"It was just a nightmare, Lydia." Sabrina tells her sister, trying to get her to drop the subject.

"That was not just a nightmare." Lydia states. "When you have a nightmare you wake up and are annoyed that you had to suffer through it, you woke up screaming and crying."