xiv. deep water

"BUT ISN'T DANNY still in the hospital?" Cora questions as the bell rings

       "BUT ISN'T DANNY still in the hospital?" Cora questions as the bell rings. The group of teens now accompanied by Scott walk out of the classroom in a hurry.

"Yeah. That's where we're going right now." Stiles states as Scott stops in front of the group.

"I'll meet you there." Scott exclaims showing Sabrina and Stiles his message from Allison explaining how she may of found something. The trio nods at each other as they go their separate ways.

-

"Stiles don't do anything stupid." Sabrina snaps as the town walk into Danny's hospital room. Of course Stiles ignored his blonde counterpart.

"Danny, you awake? Danny?" Stiles whispers moving closer to Danny.

"Stiles." Sabrina groans. Stiles was going to be the reason they all died. Stiles evens goes as far as to lightly slap Danny on the face. Freaking out in response when Danny moved. "Stiles you are an idiot." As Stiles calms down from his previous spaz he notices Danny's bag sitting on a chair next to the bed. He quickly reaches for it, unzipping it.

"What are you doing?" Danny weakly questions.

Stiles shoots up as Sabrina freezes behind him. "Stiles, look what you did."

"I'm not doing anything, Danny. This is just a dream you're having..." Stiles tries as Sabrina rolls her eyes. The excuse gave Stiles enough time to sink back to the ground and examine Danny's bag.

"Are you going through my stuff?" Danny groans.

Stiles rises again so he's within view of Danny. "Right, but only in the dream, remember? Dream. Dreaming."

"Why would I dream about you going through my stuff?" Danny questions.

"I don't know that, Danny, okay? It's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Shut up and go back to sleep." Stiles exclaims as he shoots back up, getting tired of all Danny's questions.

"Stiles, hurry!" Sabrina complains.

"I'm trying." Stiles replies as he pulls a stack of paper out of Danny's bag. "Danny-boy, you might've actually found something here..."

-

"Deaton's got to be at one of the six locations, but they're all over town. I don't know how we can get to all of them fast enough." Scott explains over the phone. Stiles and Sabrina had just walked out of the hospital when Scott called.

"Well, we might not have to. Danny was doing a project on something for Mr. Harris' physics class, and I think it actually means something." Sabrina explains to Scott.

"What project?" Scott questions.

"Something on... telluric currents." Stiles exclaims.

"Did you say 'currents?'" Scott asks, realization dawning on him.

"Yeah."

-

"Okay, so what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora questions as the group of teens huddle up in the animal clinic.

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?" Sabrina explains as she stands next to her sister.

"Now, look at this-- this is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal." Stiles explains showing the group Danny's project.

"'I strongly advise you to choose another topic. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class.'" Lydia reads what Mr. Harris had written on Danny's project.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice-- he knew something." Scott exclaims.

"Now, check this out--" Stiles begins pulling a map out of his back pocket. "Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one, too. Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon-- you wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."

"Stiles, look. They match!" Scott states as he sets down maps of where all the other previous killings had happened. Stiles eyes widen when he sees what Scott was talking about. "All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found."

"Look, that's right on the telluric current." Sabrina points out.

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between?" Scott tries to come up with an answer.

"Let me see that." Stiles comments taking the maps from Scott. "You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Gotta be somewhere in between, right?"

"Stop." Cora exclaims. "He's in the vault-- the same vault." As the group gathers all their things and get ready to leave Lydia suddenly stops them when she notices Cora staring at her phone.

"Guys, hold on--"

"Lydia, we don't have time--" Scott tries to explains before Cora interrupts him.

"It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power." Cora explains. As the words left her mouth Sabrina felt the pit in her stomach drop. Their time was getting cut down to the wire. They know needed to save Deaton and Derek.

"It's just like he said..." Scott mumbles confusing the rest of the group. "Go. I can save Deaton myself."

"What? Scott, what about us?" Stiles questions.

"Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them." Scott explains as he runs out the front door.

"All right. Let's go."

-

"Okay, what do we do?" Stiles asks as they reach the power grid at Derek's loft.

"We pull them. Pull all of them." Sabrina states. Once they finished flipping every switch they ran upstairs to Derek's loft. Upon entering the room they were met with Derek holding Boyd in the middle of the room. Cora ran past the group as she noticed Boyd's lifeless body. Quickly following her Sabrina and Stiles walk farther into the water.

"Derek." Sabrina mumbles coming up behind him. Slowly placing her hand on his shoulder as some form of comfort. He didn't move, but Sabrina knew it meant something to him. Sabrina looked down to see Derek's hands shaking and her heart broke. They couldn't save Boyd. Derek couldn't save Boyd. Hopefully Scott had been more successful. Sabrina didn't know if they could handle anymore sadness.