xxxv. an offended spirit

"ANY NEWS?" SCOTT asks his mom as he walks down stairs

"They're still looking for her. It's past the 48 -hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Sabrina." Melissa tells her son.

"What about Isaac?" Scott questions, after Sabrina had gone missing a live wire had fallen from the roof off the hospital, effectively shocking a bunch of people, one of them being Isaac.

"Maybe we should go by the hospital before school." Melissa suggests.

-

"Have you been here all night?" Scott lightly shakes Allison awake as they walk into the hospital.

"Yeah, they won't let me see him because I'm not family." Allison mumbles. "I told them he doesn't have any."

"He's got us." Melissa speaks up. "And I've got a key card. Be quick."

"I thought he'd be healing by now." Allison exclaims as they look over Isaac.

"So did I." Scott mutters.

"Is he in pain?" Allison questions. Scott lightly lays his hand on Isaac, the boys eyes widen when he feels a shock of pain run through his body. Scott nods, beginning to take some of Isaac's pain away.

"It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain." Scott tells Allison as he removes his hand.

"Did Sabrina really do this?" Allison suddenly asks.

"Whatever's controlling her did it. Whatever's inside her." Scott shakes his head, thinking to last night when Derek told him, Lydia, and Stiles that he thought Sabrina was a witch and because of that a target for the evil spirt.

"Well, then how do we get whatever's inside of her the hell out of her?" Allison questions.

"I'm working on it." Scott tells her.

-

Kira sighs as her and Scott walk down the steps of the school. "The thing is, in all of the stories, kitsune are tricksters. They're mischievous. They don't really get caught up in right or wrong or even understand it."

"What's that mean? It's just doing this for the hell of it?" Scott questions.

"No, there was something else I found. If you somehow offend a nogitsune, it can react pretty badly." Kira explains.

"How do you offend a nogitsune?" Scott turns to her.

Kira shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. But if it's doing something this bad, then someone really, really offended it."

-

"No Sabrina, no demonic ninjas." Aiden comments, glancing between Scott and Stiles.

"Things are getting too quiet." Ethan adds.

"Yeah, we know." Scott begins. "Yeah, it's making us nervous, too."

"Do you guys hear that?" Ethan suddenly questions.

"Hear what? What are you guys talking about?" Stiles exclaims, looking between the three wolves.

"It's an emitter." Scott tell him. "One of Argent's."

"It's coming from the basement." Aiden states as the group walks out of the locker room.

Stiles and Scott's eyes widen when they reach the basement, seeing a familiar head of blonde hair. "Okay, I know what you guys are thinking, but it's me. I swear to God, it's me." Sabrina exclaims, holding up her hands.

"Wait, stop! I said, stop!" Scott yells as Aiden and Ethan begin to charge at the blonde.

"It's me, guys. I swear it's me. I don't know where I've been the last two days or what I've been doing, but this is me. I promise." Sabrina tells them.

"You know what happened at the hospital?" Aiden speaks up.

"I know more than that." Sabrina sighs, reaching into her bag. "You see this? It's a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wiring. You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting. I know I did this. I caused the accident. And everything in this bag, it's all stuff that could be part of something bigger."

"What the hell have you been up to?" Stiles questions, rummaging through the bag.

"I think something worse. A lot worse." Sabrina states.

"What the hell were you doing? Building a Terminator?" Aiden questions as they lay the bag and its contents out onto a table.

"Guys, this is a map." Scott speaks up, unfolding a map.

"Isn't that the cross country trail?" Ethan points to the highlighted lines.

"That's the Tate car. Where Malia Tate's family died." Stiles exclaims.

"You mean that's where her father put the steel-jawed traps." Sabrina takes a deep breath before she speaks.

-

"Scott! Stop, stop, stop! Everyone, stop!" Sabrina yells as she sprints up to the rest of them. Everyone in the class stops running as Sabrina bends down, brushing some leaves away. In their place laid a chain. Slowly Sabrina begins to pull it, expecting to find an animal trap at the end, but there was nothing there.

"Congratulations, Martin. You found a length of chain. Can somebody now please tell me what the hell's going on?" Coach questions, walking up to all of them.

"Hey! Coach!" Scott yells as Coach trips over a wire. Before anyone could blink there was in arrow embedded in Coach's chest.

"Oh, crap." Coach mutters before falling to the ground. "Get it out of me! Get it out of me. Oh, my God, I'm gonna die. Get it out of me! I'm gonna die!"

"Coach, you're not gonna die." Stiles tells him as they crowd around the older man.

"I'm gonna die!" Coach just continues to scream.

"It will hurt less if you stop moving, Coach." Sabrina exclaims.

"Get that thing out of me!" Coach yells.

"Stay still, Coach. An ambulance is coming." Ethan tells him.

"Get back! Get back! Give him some room! Get back!" Aiden yells moving the other students away.

"I think he just passed out." Stiles states as the watch Coaches head lull to the side.

Sabrina's hands begin to shake when she notices the blood covering them. "I could have killed him. I could have killed him, right? What if it was his head or his throat?"

"But it wasn't. And he's going to be all right." Scott tells the girl.

"I think I just heard an ambulance coming." Ethan tells them as sirens sound in the distance.

-

"Scott, you better look at this." Ethan exclaims as Sabrina gets checked out by paramedics.

"This is the same wrapping paper we used for Coach's birthday present." Stiles states, pulling the wrapping out of Sabrina's bag.

"Wasn't that William Barrow's thing? A bomb made from nails and bolts all wrapped in a birthday present? Where did it go off?" Aiden chimes in.

"On a school bus." Scott states.