vii. without me

"HEY, STILES, I'M here

       "HEY, STILES, I'M here." Sabrina announces as she walks into the clinic where Stiles told her to meet him.

"About time, you took forever." Stiles states.

"Yeah, well I was a little busy getting Aiden and Ethan in trouble." Sabrina informs him.

Stiles rolls his eyes before filling her in on what him and Deaton had been talking about, before turning back to Deaton. "All these symbols and things the triskeles, the bank logo, the Mountain ash all of it is from the Celtic druids. And anyone who has ever looked up human sacrifice before knows that the druids had a pretty big hard-on when it came to giving one up to the gods. You ever hear of the lindow man? found in England? He was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut."

"Threefold Death." Sabrina chimes in.

Stiles looks at her before nodding. "They also found pollen grains in his stomach. Guess what favorite druid plant that was."

"Mistletoe." Deaton exclaims.

"I'm just telling you everything you already know, aren't I? Then why aren't you telling us?" Stiles asks getting frustrated.

"Maybe because we've spent every moment of the last ten years trying to push something away. Denying it. Lying about it. Becomes a pretty powerful habit."

"All right, so this guy is he a druid?" Sabrina questions.

"No. It's someone copying a centuries-old practice of a people who should have known better. Do you know what the word "druid" means in Gaelic?" Deaton asks them.

"No." They reply simultaneously.

"Wise oak. The Celtic druids were close to nature. They believed they kept it in balance. They were philosophers and scholars. They weren't serial killers."

"Yeah, well, this one is." Stiles says. Before Deaton could continue Stiles phone starts buzzing. He picks up his phone and shows Sabrina the caller ID, it was Lydia. He picks up the phone beginning to speak. "Hey, I can't talk right now. Wait, what? Yeah, are you sure he's missing?"

"Not just missing. Taken." Lydia states. After Lydia's discovery she told them that they needed to come down to the school to meet her. Finally once they got to the school Lydia handed her phone to Deaton.

"Can we get a copy of this?" Deaton asks.

"Hey, doc, any help would be, you know, helpful." Stiles exclaims.

"Each grouping of three would have its own purpose, its own type of power. Virgins, healers, philosophers, warriors."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Warrior, could that also be like a soldier?" Stiles asks.

"Absolutely." Deaton nods.

Sabrina looks at Stiles. "Kyle was in R.O.T.C. with Boyd. That's got to be it. That's got to be the pattern."