xxxvii. echo house

"SABRINA, SWEETHEART

"SABRINA, SWEETHEART. YOU don't have to do this." Natalie Martin exclaims as she drives her daughter to Eichen house.

"It's alright, mom." Sabrina tells her as they get out of the car. "I think I just need to stay here for a while." Before Natalie can speak a familiar blue jeep speeds up to them.

"Why did you tell us?" Stiles questions as him and Scott jump out of the car.

"Because I wanted to avoid something like this." Sabrina sighs as her mother walks over to their car. "It's only 72 hours."

"This is the same place where Barrow came from." Scott states. "The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. Sabrina, I can't help you if you're in here."

Sabrina shakes her head, taking a deep breath. "There is so much going on. I need a couple days of peace where I can figure everything out. I mean you guys think I'm a witch. I didn't even know those existed. I need to figure myself out before this spirit completely takes over. Maybe while I'm here I can see if I can learn to control my magic or even do it in the first place."

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't..." Scott trails off.

"If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out." Sabrina states. Scott and Stiles look shocked as Natalie walks back up to them.

"You ready?" The older woman questions as Sabrina nods. Sabrina glances at Scott and Stiles one last time before she walks into the building.

"Miss Martin?" A nurse questions. "This way please." The two woman follow the nurse as they sit down at a table, paper work being handed over to them. "First 72 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy. Are you ready, Sabrina?"

-

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Argent questions through the phone.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be.But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days." Deaton exclaims, glancing up and Stiles, Scott, and Allison.

"But while it does work, the Oni won't go after Sabrina, right?" Argent remarks.

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni there as well." Deaton comments.

"What's the second problem?" Argent asks.

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The Yakuza Boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll." Deaton states.

"What scroll?" Stiles speaks up.

"A Shugendo Scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan. The scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune." Deaton tells them.

"So we need to find that scroll?" Scott confirms.

"Exactly." Deaton nods, turning back to the phone. "And I did get a name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid."

"He was with Katashi. He's the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun." Allison chimes in.

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself." Deaton exclaims. 

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things. And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times." Argent explains.

"What does a Shugendo Scroll look like?" Allison questions. Deaton gets up out of his chair, rummaging through one of his drawers.

"Something like this." Deaton hands Allison a scroll.

"Do these come in different sizes?" Allison mumbles, taking the item from Deaton.

"Any size." Deaton nods.

"Then I think I know where it might be." Allison states.

-

"And here's your room." The nurse declares, unlocking the door for the girl.

"Thanks." Sabrina mumbles, stepping into the room. She looks around the room, turning to ask the nurse a question, but the woman was already gone. "Alright then." Sighing Sabrina sits down on the bed, bouncing on it slightly. "Home sweet home." Taking a calming breath Sabrina looks more closely at the details of the room, the cracked walls, the dripping pipes, you didn't need to be a genius to know that this place was old. Out of the corner of her eye, the blonde notices a small plant sitting on the window seal.

Getting off the bed Sabrina walks over to it, looking out of the window at the moon when she reaches it. Clearing her mind, Sabrina closes her eyes. "You can do this, Sabrina. Apparently you're a witch." Taking another deep breath Sabrina wields her mind, telling herself to make the flowers bloom. Peaking an eye open Sabrina lets out a gasp when she sees three flowers had sprouted from the soil. "Oh, my God. I did it. How did I- How did I do that."

Sabrina backs away from the plant, scared of what she had just done. What if the nogitsune used her powers to hurt her friends? That night Sabrina fell asleep with a million thoughts running through her head, and none of them made her feel any better.

-

It's the next day and Sabrina's reading in the main area of Eichen house, mostly keeping to herself. She looks up when she hears a girl whispering into a phone. "No. No, I think you're wrong. I really think I should tell them. They're going to want to know the story. The whole story. I really think they should know. Yes, I do. One of them is standing right behind me." Sabrina's eyes widen at the girls statement. Was she talking about her? Sabrina watches as the girl scurries away, leaving the blonde by herself again.

Shaking her head Sabrina does a double take when she sees a familiar face. In true Stiles fashion Sabrina jumps up quickly, scurrying over to the girl. "Malia? Hey. It's Sabrina. Do you remember me? I'm friends with Scott. Remember. We were the ones who helped you out with..." Before Sabrina can finish her sentence Malia swings, punching her across the face.

"Hey, Malia!" A nurse yells, running over to restrain the girl.

"What." Sabrina yells when a nurse grabs ahold of her. "She hit me."

"A few more like this, Malia, and you're headed to the closed unit." The nurse holding Malia states.

"Okay, Wait, wait, wait. Stop. I didn't doing anything." Sabrina yells as another nurse tries to restrain her.

"Back off!" A nurse yells as they drag Malia away, leaving Sabrina alone with the nurse that is holding onto her. Sabrina's eyes widen when a grate on the ground catches her attention, a familiar memory striking her. Before she can think any more about it, a familiar voice sounds through the area.

"Enough! Enough." Morrell yells at the nurse that is holding onto Sabrina. When the nurse finally lets go, Morrell squats down next to Sabrina. "Sabrina. You saw something, didn't you?"

"That basement." Sabrina states. "I've been down there before."