xv. different perspectives

"THEY WERE THERE for two days, waiting

       "THEY WERE THERE for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us-- hide and heal." Cora states looking out of the window of her brothers loft. After everything that had happened with Boyd Derek had needed to get away. He had told Sabrina he was leaving, and she had understood, but know she hadn't heard from him for a while and she was starting to get worried.

"Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles questions impatiently.

"Stiles, I told you, he needs time." Sabrina exclaims trying to defend Dereks absence.

"Why do you care?" Cora asks Stiles after a moment of silence. Cora was glad Derek had someone who cared for him like Sabrina did. Cora hadn't always been around so she was glad to know someone was looking out for Derek. And she thought Sabrina and Derek were cute together.

"Why do I care? Let's see..." Stiles is quiet for a minute. "Over the last few weeks: my best friend's tried to kill himself; his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed; a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed; Boyd was killed by Alphas; Derek has left Sabrina alone without thinking about whatever weird relationship they have... I... Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour." Sabrina rolled her eyes at Stiles. Her and Derek's relationship wasn't weird, they just hadn't exactly established what they truly were to each other. They cared for one another, but neither had ever asked the other out. They had always been to busy worrying about the safety of Beacon Hills and their friends.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora questions finally turning to look at Stiles and Sabrina.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah." Stiles shrugs as if it was obvious.

"I don't know... There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him." Cora explains.

"What was he like?" Sabrina asks curiously.

"A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers-- unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers." A familiar voice says. The group of teens turn to watch Peter walk down the steps of the loft.

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles questions as Peter joins them.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men. A girl." Peter said turning to look at Sabrina, surprised to see no reaction from her. Sabrina knew that Derek had a life before her, who was she to be jealous over someone who obviously wasn't even in Derek's life anymore.

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles questioned before turning to Sabrina. "You have to fix him." Sabrina rolled her eyes at Stiles sarcastic comment. Why did everyone always assume Sabrina would be the answer to all of Derek's problems.