xxxvi. trickster

"IT'S NOT A bomb, sir, but there is something in the box

       "IT'S NOT A bomb, sir, but there is something in the box." Sabrina holds her breath as she hears the deputy begin to speak. The entire school was outside, standing a good distance away from the school buses as they waited to see if there was a bomb planted on one of them.

Scott and Stiles look towards Sabrina when they see the deputy hold of a plaque that had Sheriff Stilinski's name on it.

"I don't know, guys." Sabrina whispers, shaking her head. She had done this, but she could not remember any of it.

-

"Oh, my God." Sabrina breathes out when they enter the police station. Half the building was destroyed, along with police and bystanders laid out o the ground.

"Get me an ambulance here, at the sheriff's station. We've got an explosion. We got multiple officers down. Multiple officers down." Sheriff Stilinski yells.

"Derek." Sabrina cries, noticing the man lying on the ground. What the hell was he doing here?

"I'm okay." Derek whispers as Argent helps him up. Sabrina gasps when she sees hundreds of glass shards sticking out of his back. "I'm okay."

"You saved my life." Argent states, keeping a tight hold on the injured man.

"The oni. They're coming." Kira exclaims, running over to them.

"Sabrina, we gotta get you out of here." Scott begins, trying to drag Sabrina along.

"No." Sabrina shakes her head, tears shining in her eyes. "I can't leave Derek. This is all my fault."

"Sabrina. We have to go." Scott commands, dragging the girl away. "Argent will take care of him."

-

"It's an animal clinic?" Kira questions as they speed down the road in Stiles jeep.

"Yeah, the place is lined with mountain ash. Just like my house." Scott tells her.

"But they can get through it?" Sabrina questions.

"Eventually." Scott states.

"No one else has any better ideas?" Stiles speaks up. When no one responds Stiles nods. "Okay, sure. Animal clinic."

"Sabrina, get inside." Scott yells as they reach the animal clinic. "Sabrina, go." Sabrina turns to see the oni's appear, her eyes widen as she tries to unlock the door.

"Hey, Kira, get inside! Kira!" Stiles yell as him and Sabrina swing the door open. Kira ignores them as the two teens watch Scott and her fight off the oni's.

Stiles and Sabrina let out gasps when Scott is stabbed by one of the creatures. "All right, come on. Get him inside! Get him inside!" Stiles yells as they help Scott into the building. Once they get Scott into the back room, they set him down. Standing back Stiles and Sabrina watch as Kira pulls the sword out of Scott's abdomen. Sabrina lets out a gasp before Kira can do it, losing the internal fight she was having with herself.

"Sabrina?" Stiles mumbles, turning to the girl. Quickly she punches Stiles in the face knocking him out. Next she moves to Kira, grabbing ahold of the girl before she can help Scott.

"Not gonna happen." Sabrina states, slamming Kira into the operating table, knocking her out as well. Looking back to Scott, Sabrina runs her fingers over the sword. "You okay?"

"Please don't." Scott begins. "Stop."

"It's okay." Sabrina reassures him, though Scott could tell it was no longer their Sabrina. Taking ahold of the sword Sabrina begins to pull up on it, making it wedge itself deeper into Scott's body. "Does it hurt? Hey, look at me. You should have done your reading, Scott. See, a nogitsune feeds off chaos, strife and pain. This morning, you took it from Isaac, then you took it from Coach. And then from a dying deputy. All that pain. You took it all. Now, give it to me." Sabrina lets out a gasp as she begins to take the pain away from Scott. "You really have to learn, Scott. You really have to learn not to trust a fox." Scott's eyes widen as he realizes this entire time it wasn't Sabrina, it was the nogistune. "Know why? 'Cause they're tricksters. They'll fool you. They'll fool everyone."

"Not everyone." A familiar voice exclaims causing Sabrina to turn. Using the distraction Deaton places a needle into Sabrina's neck. The girl laughs at her mistake before she falls to the ground.

Scott lets out a yell as Deaton pulls the sword out of him. Sighing at of relief, he glances towards Sabrina. "What was that? Was that a cure? Is she okay?"

Deaton shakes his head. "The fox is poisoned. But it's not dead. Not yet."