xvii. the truth

"DEREK? DEREK, WHERE are you?" Jennifer calls into the dark apartment

"Right here." Derek exclaims, making his presence known.

"Thank God!" Jennifer sighs. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

"From who?" Derek questions.

"Scott, Stiles, Sabrina..." Jennifer trails off. "They're gonna tell you things-- things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

Standing in the corner of Derek's apartment, Sabrina was fuming. The bitch really thought she could take her man? It wasn't hard for them to beat Jennifer to Derek's, especially with Stiles driving. Once they had gotten there they had explained everything that had happened at the school. Derek nodded, telling them he believed them. Once that was settled Derek had pulled Sabrina to the side and explained to her why he had been so distant lately. Apparently Jennifer had found Derek the night they thought he died. She helped him heal and then when he was better she kissed him.

Derek assured Sabrina that he didn't kiss her back and that he pushed her away, but Sabrina was still itching to beat the evil out of Jennifer. Before Sabrina was given the opportunity to talk to Derek, Jennifer had arrived so they had to hide. And now, standing in the corner of Derek's dark apartment, Sabrina watched as Jennifer draped herself over Derek. It made Sabrina sick to her stomach.

"What is it?" Derek continues the act, as if he didn't already know what happened.

"Promise you'll listen to me." Sabrina rolled her eyes at Jennifers comment, Jennifer had almost killed her sister tonight, she was done playing nice.

"I promise." Derek states.

Jennifer seemed to notice that something was off. She hesitantly pulled away from Derek before speaking. "...They're already here, aren't they?" That was there que, slowly the trio stepped out from the shadows, a menacing glare plastered on Sabrina's face. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrects.

Jennifer scoffs. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour-- that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles speaks up, tears shining in his eyes.

"How should I know?" Jennifer replies, before turning to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this?"

"Oh, for the love of god." Sabrina groans, causing everyones attention to turn to her. "You are a horrible liar. We all know it was you so you might as well fess up. And while you're at it I suggest you step away from him."

The smallest smirk appeared on Derek's face at the tone of Sabrina's voice, she was jealous, that was obvious. His face quickly changed back to an emotionless one as he spoke. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

"No!" Jennifer exclaims.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Sabrina snaps, glaring at Jennifer.

"Lydia Martin? Your sister? I don't know anything about that!" Jennifer tries to play dumb.

"What do you know?" Derek presses, tired of the act.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story--" Jennifer begins. "And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott questions.

"What is that?" Jennifer asks as she watches Scott pulls out a bottle of Mistletoe.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure..." Scott says, moving closer to Jennifer. "Which means you can use it...And it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe?" Jennifer mumbles, but it was too late. Scott had already thrown it on her, and they had all seen her true face. The face of the Darach. Jennifer tried to run, but Derek was quicker. "Derek, wait! WAIT!" She exclaims as Derek grabs ahold of her throat. "You need me!"

"What are you?" Derek mutters.

"The only person who can save your sister..." Jennifer gasps, trying to breathe in air. At her statement Derek froze. "Call Peter... Call him!" Derek had been on and off the phone in under 30 seconds. His grip began tightening on Jennifer's throat. Peter must have told him something he didn't want to hear.

"Derek. Derek, what are you doing?" Scott commands when he sees Derek's grip tighten.

"Her life... it's in my hands!" Jennifer gasps.

"Stop! Derek, stop!" Stiles exclaims when Derek still didn't let go.

"Stilinski... you'll never find him..." Jennifer taunts causing Stiles to surge forward.

"Derek! DEREK!" Scott tries one more time. It was enough as Derek let go of Jennifer. Her body hitting the ground ungracefully.

Jennifer lets out a small laugh. "That's right. You need me-- all of you."

-

"Scott! What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating..." Melissa trails off as she looks at all the people surrounding her son. It hadn't taken them very long to reach the hospital and all they needed to do know was grab Cora.

"We're here for Cora." Scott informs his mother.

"What, all of you?" Melissa begins, looking towards the group, then zeroing in on Stiles. "...Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"Mom, just trust me on this-- you need to get out of here, right now." Scott says, ignoring her questions.

"The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back-- one's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage." Melissa explains.

"Got it. Okay." Scott nods.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help." Jennifer states as the enter the elevator.

"Do everyone a favor and shut up Jennifer." Sabrina snaps, glaring at the older woman. The rest of the elevator ride was silent, and as they exited it the hospital halls were silent as well, and empty. It was weird.

"Derek." Scott gets his attention when they see a puddle of black blood lying on the floor. The silence filling the hallway was interrupted as Peter slide through the door way.

"We got a problem. Big problem." Peter groans, lying on the floor. The group looks up to see Ethan and Aiden standing a couple feet ahead of them, in their full alpha form. Derek didn't waste any time as he went to attack them, Scott following close behind him.

"Sabrina." Stiles mumble when they watch Ennis throw Derek to the ground. "C'mon." While Scott, Ethan, and Aiden were distracted Sabrina and Stiles ran past them, trying to help Derek.

"Ethan, Aiden-- stop! You don't know what you're doing!" Scott exclaims.

"All we want is her!" The twins reply as they turn to look for Jennifer, but it was too late. She was already in the elevator, and the doors had closed.