xxx. black magic

"DR

       "DR. GARDNER'S NOT back until next week. Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or Sabrina, are you all right?" Melissa questions, getting up from her chair. Sabrina couldn't take it any longer, she felt like she was going insane. So after Scott told her and Stiles to go home she had decided to go to the hospital and see if there was something wrong with her.

"I don't know. I guess-I guess not really." Sabrina sighs, on the verge of tears.

"All right, kiddo. All right. Come with me. It's okay." Melissa reassures, walking Sabrina to a hospital room. Melissa sits the blonde down, reaching for her clipboard she begins to ask her about her symptoms.

"Blackouts. But not for that long. And sleepwalking, which I used to do a bit as a kid. Um, also having some really bad anxiety." Sabrina tells the older woman.

"Panic attacks?" Melissa questions, glancing up.

Sabrina nods. "Yeah, a couple. Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing."

Melissa lets a small laugh fall from her lips at Sabrina's sarcastic comment. "I recall something vaguely about that, yes. How many hours of sleep are you getting?"

"About eight." Sabrina mutters.

"A night?" Melissa continues to write on her paper.

"In the last three days." Sabrina states causing Melissa to look up at her. Sabrina begins counting her fingers, trying to make sure she had at least got eight hours of sleep, but if she was being honest she doesn't remember the last time she went to sleep.

"Been feeling irritable?" Melissa questions as she walks over to a drawer.

"Yeah." Sabrina sighs, thinking to this morning when Lydia got into the shower when she knew Sabrina was about to. Which usually only pissed Sabrina off, but this morning she got so mad she broke her mirror. "Possibly to the point of homicide."

"Inability to focus?" Melissa puts on a pair of gloves as she continues to question the blonde.

"100 percent." Sabrina tells her.

"Impulsive behavior?" Melissa remarks.

"Well I'm friends with Stiles, so I'd say compared to him not that bad. But in general yes." Sabrina states.

"Vivid dreams during the day?" Melissa questions.

"Okay, basically all of the above." Sabrina declares. "Do you know what this is?"

Melissa turns to the girl, a needle in her hand. "I think so."

"Uh, what's that?" Sabrina exclaims, glancing between the needle and Melissa.

"Do you trust me?" Melissa asks, looking towards the young girl.

"When you're not holding a needle." Sabrina tells her causing Melissa to laugh slightly.

"It's Midazolam. A sedative." Melissa states as she injects Sabrina with the drug.

"Why'd you give me a sedative?" Sabrina mumbles, slightly scared that if she fell asleep she would have another nightmare.

"Because you, Sabrina, are one profoundly sleep-deprived young woman. You need rest and you need it now. Lie down." Melissa softly pushes the girl onto the bed.

Sabrina nods, lying down. "Okay, how long's it take to-Oh. Not long at all. Get some rest. Thanks Melissa." Before the words could even completely leave her mouth, Sabrina was asleep.

-

It was dark out when Sabrina woke up. She smiles to herself when she realizes she didn't have any nightmares. She hadn't been asleep for long, but the couple uninterrupted hours she did get felt amazing. "Melissa?" Sabrina calls as she steps into the empty hallway.

Sabrina continues to walk through the hospital as she searches for Melissa. Pushing open a door to an empty room, chills suddenly ran up her spine. Whipping around she sees it's two of the figures from the night before. Sabrina quickly turns the opposite direction, running towards the door but she is stopped by another figure blocking her path. She begins to shake her head as she looks in between the figures. "You guys already had you turn with me, what else do you want?"

No surprise, the girl received no answer. Instead the figure in front of her stepped closer, his eyes glowing just like the night before. The masked man reaches forward to touch the girl, but Sabrina quickly raises her hand. Making a fist she watches as the figure becomes immobilized. Reaching her hand into the figures chest, she pulls out its heart. Slowly turning around she watches as the two other figures begin to back away.

The blonde arches her eyebrow, waiting for them to move. A smirk appears on her face as she raises her hand again, this time flicking her wrist. Seconds later the figures vanish into thin air. "Sabrina." The girl hears her name being called. "You okay?"

Sabrina turns to Scott, the smirk on her face disappearing. "Yeah. Never been better."