xl. a new punch line

"COMING IN ON a Saturday

"COMING IN ON a Saturday. That's dedication." Sabrina quips as she walks into Mr. Yukimura's class. "Where's she hiding them?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." Mr. Yukimura states, his breath hitching slightly when he realizes it's not Sabrina, but The Nogitsune.

"Her little knives. Daggers." Sabrina mumbles, searching the class. "I know what they are. Physical representation of her tails. However the hell that works."

"Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it. I can direct you to the section on Japanese myth in the library." Mr. Yukimura tries to get the girl to leave.

Sabrina turns to him, a smile on her face. "No. No, I'd like to talk to you. The older the tail, the stronger the oni. Am I right? I know there's one left. I know it's the strongest."

"Unfortunately, I don't know what you're referring to." Mr. Yukimura exclaims, trying to play dumb.

Sabrina shakes her head, raising her hand out in front of her. "You'll talk." The possessed girl watches as Mr. Yukimura begins to choke. "They always talk."

-

"This is everything non-lethal I could find. Take all of it." Allison exclaims as she walks into her fathers office.

"What's the plan here?" Sheriff Stilinski questions.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Sabrina's scent at Eichen House." Argent tells him. "Especially if she went through something stressful there."

"Should all four of us be going to the same place?" Stilinski looks towards Argent.

"Where else has Sabrina been showing up?" Argent questions.

"School, hospital, her house." Allison lists off.

"Okay, hold on." Derek speaks up. "We did this already. She disappeared. We started looking for her. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital."

"She's getting us to repeat the same moves." Argent realizes.

"So, what do we do? Wait for her to come to us?" Allison eyebrows furrow.

"We can't. Not if the oni find him when the sun goes down." Derek exclaims.

"Well Stiles' working on that right now, with Kira and Scott." Stilinski states.

"That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox." Argent mumbles. "And lets not forget, Sabrina is a newly discovered witch so she'll be even more unpredictable than usual."

Derek sighs, think of his girlfriend. "I'm not going to be the first wolf to run from a fox."

"Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison states as the group disperses.

-

"What's that?" Allison questions as Sheriff Stilinski's phone begins to buzz. The two were standing in the elevator of the hospital, waiting to reach the lobby.

Stilinski sighs, pulling out his phone. "After Sabrina went missing, Lydia and Stiles put motion censors around her house. They connected them to my phone and theirs."

"Is that her room?" Allison mumbles as Stilinski opens the app. Their eyes widen when they see Sabrina sitting on her bed, staring at the camera. She looked different, Allison notes. Not only did she look extremely tired, she was pale, and her hair was now short, cut to her shoulders. Sabrina smirks, raising her hand to wave at the camera.

-

"What is all this?" Argent questions as he looks down at the chessboard lying on Sabrina's bed. "What are these sticky notes for?"

"This is what Stiles and Sabrina used to try and explain to me about all of you." Stilinski tells the rest off them.

"Well, maybe it's a message from Sabrina. The real Sabrina." Allison comments.

"You think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek mumbles, examining his girlfriends handwriting.

"Well, you're heavily guarded. Though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." Stilinski exclaims.

Derek sighs, shaking his head. "My girlfriend is trying to kill me."

"It's not a message from Sabrina." Argent speaks up. "It's a threat from the nogitsune."

"She's at the loft. That's what she's trying to tell us." Allison remarks.

"And she wants us to come there." Argent adds.

"Nights falling." Derek chimes in.

"This couldn't sound any more like a trap." Argent states, shaking his head.

"I don't think it is." Allison begins. "What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive. No rhyme, no reason, right?"

"Meaning what?" Argent questions, looking towards his daughter.

"Our enemy is not a killer. It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product." Allison exclaims.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that." Derek mumbles. "Especially if it knows how to work Sabrina's magic."

"It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick. It wants a joke. All we need to do is come up with a new punch line." Allison finishes.

"The sun is setting, Allison." Argent states. "What do you have in mind?"

-

Derek takes a deep breath as he slides open his loft door. His first reaction when he sees Sabrina is confusion as he notices her usual long hair is now short. Sabrina didn't look like his Sabrina. Though that thought is quickly dismissed as the girl turns to face him.

Sabrina lets a smirk pull on to her face when she sees Derek. "Hi, Derek."