The Rubrix Cube (Logically)

Guys holy crap! It's been more than a week since I've updated. In my defence, I was babysitting for the whole three day weekend. I wanted to do this quick update, then a Halloween special on October 31st! (Someone please remind me XD).

 I don't know yet, but I was thinking of doing one about an April fools day prank? I don't think it would make sense in the middle of October though, what do you guys think?)

      "Logan?" Patton asked, knocking on Logan's door. "Yes?" he asked, looking over his book to see the man at the door. 

     "How do you solve a Rubix cube?" Patton asked, revealing a Rubix cube from behind his back, smiling sheepishly.

 Logan raised his eyebrows in surprise, "It's quite simple actually," Logan said, "Would you please hand it to me?"   

     Patton walked into the room, handing him the cube. "You see, it's not that complex once you learn," Logan said, turning the toy around in his hand. 

    "You can do it the complex way, or I do have a trick," he said with a small grin and a twinkle in his eye. 

    "Ou! I like tricks!" Patton giggled, sitting down next to him. 

   "Up, to the side, up, to the side," Logan mumbled to himself, focusing on the Rubrix cube as he tried to solve it. 

        Patton smiled as Logan went into focus mode. The main reason he bought the cube was to watch Logan solve it, mostly because it was adorable. Logan always slightly stuck out his tongue a small amount, getting very quiet. Once he completed what he was working on, he always had a huge grin on his face. He felt great for the rest of the day and that made Patton feel great knowing his best friend was happy! 

      "Up, to the side, up to the side," Logan trailed off. 

    Patton shook his head, he completely forgot that Logan was still whispering to himself to keep focus. 

       "That's it!" Logan smiled, lifting up the Rubrix cube to show Patton. 

     "That's amazing!" Patton smiled, "But you didn't really teach me how." 

"Oh yes! I'm sorry, Patton. I was very focused on solving it I forgot I still had to teach it!" Logan said, mixing it up again so he could show Patton. 

      ~~~~~I don't really want to go over all of the steps :)~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         "See? Simple," Logan said, trying to ignore how close they were. 

      "Y-yeah," Patton smiled, leaning slightly onto Logan, making Logan shift so that both of them were comfortable. 

    "I'm tired," Patton yawned, leaning even more against Logan. 

       "I suppose I could also use some rest," Logan whispered, covering a yawn of his own. 

        "What book you reading?" Patton asked sleepily. 

     "What book are you reading," Logan corrected, "Anyways, I am reading Along-" Logan stopped himself. He pulled a random book out from his bedside table, "Tangerine." 

    "Can you read me some of it?" Patton asked, snuggling under the blankets. 

     "I thought you would ask me that question," Logan smiled, opening to the first page of the book." 

      (I'm pretty sure I'd get in trouble for adding someone else's work onto mine? Is this confirmed or denied?) 

      Logan read the first chapter or so, waiting until he fell fully asleep until he turned off his light, put the book down, and also fell asleep. Not being surprised, but slightly flustered, as Patton wrapped him into a hug. 

    (If you waited over a week for a very short story, thank you! I have been very out of it lately and I need to stop staying up til 4 am reading fanfics because then I cannot function enough to write my own! Thank you for reading, and please get plenty of rest. Byeeeee! :D)