~Chapter Six~

"Wait! They're already here?!" Shiro exclaims in a panicked but calmed tone.

     "Unfortunately my calculations were just a tad bit off. Finger counting is more of an art than a science." Coran explains.

     We race inside the castle and as we enter the control room the holographic screen appeared revealing a purple and fluffy eared alien, who didn't seem quite happy

     "Princess Allura, this is commander Sendak of the Galra empire. I am hear to take the lions, give them to me or I will destroy this planet." The hologram disappears ending the, very one sided, conversation.

     "Ok. Let's not panic." Shiro states calmly as I stand close to his side in fear.

     "Don't panic?! The purple alien guy is flying towards us in a warship! We have five working lions-"

     "Four working lions, to be exact." Pidge interrupts Hunk's speech to which he releases a large sigh to.

     "Ok so, four working lions and a castle that's 10,000 years old!"

     "Actually it's 10,600 years old. My great grand-" Coran interrupts but Hunk stops him before he could continue.

     "Yup. Now is the perfect time to panic." Hunk finally lets out.

     "Wait! This castle has a particle barrier that we can activate." Allura exclaims and I quickly glare at Lance, shutting him up, before he could casually slide in another pick up line.

     "The particle barrier won't be able to withstand their canons forever though. They must have advanced while we've been asleep." Coran announces while typing away on one of the panels.

     "Then we'll just have to figure out our plan of action, and figure it out quick." Shiro instructs and I gain confidence as I think of how we could stop them.

     "I say we pop into a wormhole and live to fight another day." Lance announces and Hunk immediately agrees.

    "Yeah! Our best chance is Voltron and we don't have that yet. Maybe we could form like a snake or something and just slither through the wormhole." Hunk explains while moving his arms back and forth like a snake.

    "Then it's decided." Lance says while walking in between Coran and Allura, and wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

     "Allura you can ride with me, and you can ride with someone else." Lance says while making shooing motions towards Coran, who seemed very offended.

     "But we can't just leave." I speak up and everyone turns towards me.

     "What about all of the creatures and people on this planet? And don't they want all of the lions? Meaning they'll still come after us to get the others." I say with dying confidence as I slowly back into Pidge's side.

     "(Y/N) is right. Staying is the only option." Keith backs me and I look towards him surprised that he agreed with me.

     Lance glares at Keith angrily and removes his arm from Allura's shoulders.

     "How about you shut your quiznack!" Lance yells back and Allura and Coran look at Lance with open mouths at what he had said.

     "I don't think you're using that word correctly." Keith retorts and they both are going off on each other, and everyone else joins in and begin to argue whether we should stay or leave.

     I back away from them into Shiro and quickly turn around to apologize finding an annoyed expression on his face.

     "Stop it!" Shiro's voice echoed through the castle, silencing the arguments.

    "Allura you know these lions and how the Galra work. You know much more than any of us do. What do you think is the best course of action?" Shiro continues and we all turn to Allura for her answer.

     She seems to struggle, not knowing how to respond. Coran places his hand on her shoulder bringing her from her thoughts.

    "Maybe your father can help you decide." Coran offers and Allura turns to him with wide eyes.

     "Father?" She question him and he nods.

     He brings her to another part of the castle as we all remain where we were. I puff out my cheeks in annoyance as I stomp over to Lance and lightly kick his shin.

     "Why must you make everyone fight? What about being a team? Don't you remember any of the lectures that we got from the garrison?" I say to him as he rubs his knee.

     "I'm just trying to do what's right that will keep us alive! What that guy's doing is sending us to our deathbeds." Lance says while glaring at Keith.

     "But I was the one who suggested it, so why aren't you yelling at me?" I ask and he freezes while staring down at me.

      "Well....I....." He's speechless as he rubs the back of his neck trying to think of an excuse, then he returns his gaze to Keith.

     "But what chance do we have against an alien warship?! We were all there when they first attacked us, and we barely managed to escape! What chance do we have with only four lions?!" Lance yells at Keith and I lightly press my hand to his chest to stop him from advancing.

     "Well a much better chance than before! I'll tell you that!" Keith retorts and I shut my eyes afraid for more telling, until...

     "Enough you two!" Shiro yells while getting between the two and behind me as I reopen my eyes.

     "I know it's been a tough time for all of us, but we're already here, and we need to start working as a team. Whether you like it or not." Shiro's strict tone freezes the two in their place as I look up to him in astonishment.

      Allura then steps into the room. Her outfit has changed into, what looks like, a battle suit. And her hair was tied up into a bun.

     "You six Paladins were brought here for a reason. The lions of Voltron were meant to be piloted by you, and you alone. We must fight and keep fighting until we defeat Zarkon. Voltron is the universe's only hope. You, are the universe's only hope." Allura speaks with a newfound courage and determination.

      "We're with you princess." Shiro says and I look around at the other Paladins with a sense of pride lingering in my thoughts.

     Alrighty! I'm just pounding out chapters this weekend it's great! I might as well get as many as I can out now, bc well....I'm kinda impatient and want them out there. Because I know how it feels to have to wait for a story....anyways hope you enjoy!
                                  💙