~Chapter Eleven~

After that onslaught of lasers, the system seemed to time out as the lasers  stopped and the barrier dissipated. We all quickly flew back into the castle to rest.

     We all went to, what seemed like, a lounge, and sat on the couches. I sat between Pidge and Shiro, and I was laying my head on Pidge's shoulder until the door slid open revealing Allura.

     "You guys did it! You formed Voltron!" Allura happily announces, unknown to the truth.

     "No. The shooting stopped and the particle barrier went down, so we came in." Keith explained with a sigh and I turn to Allura who had an angry expression plastered over her happy one.

     "What are you guys doing?! Come on. Get up! You need to keep training!" Allura yells and I sink back into the couch with a sigh.

     "We have been training! And, when are we going to go back to Earth?" Hunk whines.

      "I'm not going back until I find my family." Pidge says while sending me a glance and I nod.

     "Guys stop. There won't be an Earth to return to if we can't stop Zarkon." Shiro says while standing from the couch.

     "Well how do we do that?! We can't even form Voltron!" Lance retorts and Coran steps up next to Allura.

     "Well it's no surprise. The original Voltron members fought side by side, as a team, though many strenuous battles." Coran says and Lance sighs.

     "Well that's definitely not us." Lance says while falling back into the couch.

     "Your survival instincts helped you through the last battle, but that can only get you so far. You need to act as a real team in order to form Voltron, and defeat Zarkon. Why don't we try using the training deck?" Coran says and I turn to him with a confused expression.

     "There's a training deck?" Both Hunk and I ask at the same time and Coran smiles.

     Coran happily leads us through the castle to a larger room. The interior was huge compared to the smaller double doors that lead into it. It looked so cool, like something you'd see in a movie.

     "Alright everyone! The paladin code states that you must put your team members safety above your own. A swarm of drones is about to drop out, it's up to each of you to protect your teammates." Coran says from a room overlooking us.

     Small holes open from the ceiling and little robotic spheres drop down. Our shields activated and the drones begin to shoot small lasers at us. Hunk ducked to dodge a laser and it hit Pidge, making a hole open below her and she dropped down with a scream. Hunk then got shot and fell down a hole as well. The rest of us closed the space between us, back to back, to insure our protection.

     "Protect your teammates! Or there will be no one to protect you!" Coran's voice echoes above us.

    "You keeping up over there?" Lance calls out to no one other than Keith, and I sigh, knowing where this is going to go, as a laser bounces off my shield.

     "Just concentrate on keeping me safe." Keith responds in annoyance.

     "Me?! I'm owning this! It's you who needs to concentrate-" Lance halts as a beam zooms past him hitting Keith in the back of his head.

      Lance panicked resulting in both him and Shiro going down. I stand there staring at the five drones as they circle me. I try my best to block each laser as it goes for me. I then take out my staff and destroy one after the other, but of course when I thought I was done, I only counted four that I destroyed. I spun around, coming face to face with the last drone, as it shot me in the chest and I fell down the hole with a screech.