~Chapter Seven~

"Before we do anything though. You need your armor and weapons." Coran says excitedly as him and Allura lead us to another room in the castle. How many are there?

Six pods lie dormant within the room. Inside each was a set of armor. One to match each colored lion. Everyone looked at the ones that corresponded with their lions in excitement, while Hunk seemed more concerned.

"Princess are you sure about these ones? They aren't exactly the best and brightest the universe has to offer..." Coran states while staring at the outfits in dismay.

"No, but they're all that we have." Allura answers in a confident tone.

"Alright team. It's time to suit up!" Shiro says and we all nod in approval.

We all grab our corresponding outfits and I begin to leave towards the door until Allura stops me.

"Where are you going?" She asks as I look towards the others who were already getting changed, including Pidge who was just turned away from the others.

"P-privacy?" I quietly say and she gives a laugh.

"You must bond with your fellow Paladins and this is the first step!" She says while pushing me towards the others.

I walk in between two of the pods and hide myself from them as much as I could. I felt their eyes on me and I hesitate to lift up my shirt.

"Don't worry (Y/N). I'll hide you." I hear Hunk say.

I turn around finding Hunk with his back towards me completely blocking the view of the others.

"Hey it's not like I was going to peek!" Lance complains from the other side of Hunk.

"Then why are you complaining?" Keith shoots back and I release a giggle.

"Thanks Hunk." I say to him and he nods his head without turning towards me.

I quickly get changed and tap Hunk's back to tell him I'm done. He moves aside and everyone's eyes turn towards me. My outfit was the most unique out of them all. Everyone stares at me as a light tint covers my cheeks at their attention.

"That looks way too good on you." Lance says which results in Pidge hitting him.

"You look great." She says with a smile and I pretend curtsy and laugh.

Allura then approached a table and five objects appeared from it, which were again color coordinated to us.

"The bayard is the traditional weapon of the Paladins. It takes a distinct shape, forming into a weapon that compliments their Paladins individual fighting style and skills." Allura explains while passing us our respective bayards.

Hunk's turned into a huge yellow gun, Keith's was a long red sword, Lance had a blue rifle, and Pidge got a green arrow...thing?

"Awe you got a cute little bayard." Lance teases Pidge while showing off his gun.

She then stabs him with it, sending many volts of electricity through his body, and he falls to the ground.

"Yeah. It's pretty cute." Pidge smirks while looking at her weapon and Lance's fried body on the floor.

I look down at the white bayard in my hands. It began to glow forming into a long glowing bluish-white staff. I stare at it in astonishment as I twist it around my body whilst spinning it.

Holding it out in front of me I recall the others in the room who were watching me and it returns into bayard state as I awkwardly laugh while holding it behind my back.

"I'm sorry Shiro, but I'm afraid your bayard was lost along with the black lions previous paladin." Allura announces and I look at him in sorrow.

"I guess I'll just have to make do" he replies calmly and I quickly go up to him.

I stand in front of him and he stares down at me in question as I hold my bayard out to him.

"Here. You can use mine." I say and he lightly pushes it back towards me and shakes his head.

"No, this is yours. Don't worry I have some fighting experience, I'll be fine." He says with a smile and I slowly lower my bayard back to my side and nod.

Sorry this chapter is so short...I just felt it was important enough to be on its own. And also the picture of the armor on top....yeah just ignore that it's Shiro and enjoy the design (unless you're a dude....I'm so sorry if you are bc then you have to sub out words...) anyways I still hope you enjoy nontheless!
💙