~Chapter Nineteen~

We all freeze and just watch the huge container stand completely still and silent on the planet's surface.

     "Please tell me there's not a massive monster in there. Please tell me it's empty, or full of space candy! One of those two, either one is fine." Hunk whines through the silence.

     "I don't think it's a piñata Hunk." Lance quietly answers back.

     "If it's the same kind of monster that attacked us, then we already know how to beat it." Keith says suddenly and I watch as the inside of my lion turns a red color that mixes with the white in mine.

     The red lion pops up on my screen and I press the button, reluctantly. The sword appears out of the red lion arm and the shield appears over the green lion arm.

     "Guys? I have a bad feeling about this. Do you really think they'd send the same creature after us if we knew how to defeat it?" I quietly announce and right after I finished talking the container blasted open, accompanied by a yelp of fear from Hunk.

    The creature was completely different from the other one we fought. It had elongated arms and a strangely proportioned body. It had a huge orb attached to its chest and looked like a mangled fish.

     "I knew it." I quietly said before the orb on its chest, as well as its eyes, began to glow green and it shot lasers at us, which Pidge blocked with the shield.

     The beams were so powerful that it shoved us backwards. I panicked as I noticed the close proximity of the attacks and the Balmera's surface.

     "We need to draw its fire away from the Balmera!" Shiro yells out, noticing it as well.

     We moved out of the beams way and flew at the monster. As we drew closer it jumped into the air sending a more powerful beam at us. It became very difficult to avoid the shots and when we attempted to slice it, the sword couldn't penetrate the creature's armor.

     "We can't hold out much longer!" Lance cries out.

     I look down at my controls noticing the terrible condition we were all in. I tried to send shields to all parts of us but as soon as they'd reach the designated spot the creature would destroy them with its lasers.

     "My lion is weakening. If the shield takes in anymore damage we're done for!" Pidge calls out as I send more energy to the shield in hopes of delaying its destruction.

     "Pidge is right." Keith states and I release a painful sigh as I keep sending energy to the green lion and the shield, tiring myself out.

     "Oh 'Pidge is right'? I'm the one who said we can't hold out!" Lance yells out and I start to pant.

     "Guys please! I can't hold out much longer. The shield is gonna break and I can't stop it." I say with a breathy voice.

     "Wait (Y/n)-"

     "Lance! Watch your footing!" Keith yells out, interrupting lances speech.

     The blue lion trips over a huge boulder and Voltron is sent crashing down making the shield break as we hit.

     "Ok! Team Voltron disband!" Shiro yells out and we do as we're Instructed and fly into the sky.

     "Everyone use evasive maneuvers. It can't shoot us all at once!" Shiro continues and as he finished his command the monster raised its arms revealing more orbs under its arms which released a plethora of lasers at each and every one of us.

     "Ok so....it can do that too." Shiro mutters as we all try to avoid the lasers.

     A group of lasers was heading towards me and I was too exhausted to move out of the way. I brace myself for impact but hear another laser blast the creature as the blue lion moved me out of the way.