~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

After Allura had a small discussion with one of the guards, we all successfully made it aboard the ship. We were hiding behind a wall, currently, as we awaited a few sentries to pass us by. As they walked past us Shiro quietly gasps and I place my hand on his shoulder in worry.

     "Shiro, are you ok?" I quietly ask him and he turns to us and nods.

     "I just remembered how I managed to escape the prison. Most of these guards are sentries, I timed their patterns to avoid getting caught." Shiro explains and Allura and I look to each other.

     "Do you remember it?" Allura asks before he grabs ahold of each of our wrists.

     "Let's find out." Shiro says before dragging Allura and I after him.

     He brought us down a series of halls, avoiding each sentry group that came through. We finally reached the room, where Pidge had instructed us to go.

     Shiro and I quickly made our way to the console as Allura stood guard at the door. After swiftly taking out the guard that was there, Shiro placed his hand on the console and I began typing away along with Pidge who was doing it from her laptop back where the others were.

     We frantically typed away and took as much info as we could, with me a little bit slower, since Pidge was the expert. I could feel as Shiro stared down at me and I kept my gaze down, knowing he was going to question me.

     "Hey (Y/n)..." Before he could continue we heard Allura say something and another guy's voice from outside the door.

     We both quickly shut ourselves up as I still quietly typed away on the console. Allura and the guy were still talking and it sounded like the guy was about to leave when the console started flashing red and let out an alarm. We backed off and Allura knocked the guy down that she was talking too.

     "Pidge! Fire up the green lion, we're coming in hot!" Shiro yelled as we began our journey through the ship avoiding sentries and attacking as we could.

     We were then stopped as sentries took point in front of us, I spun around finding some behind us as well. I then heard the clang of a gun and a shot went flying past my head into the sentries behind us.

    I spin my head around in a panic finding Allura holding a Galran gun...backwards. And she shot it! She almost shot me! Shiro quickly took down the sentries in front of us and I took the others down with a few hits from my staff.

     "I thought you said you traveled around the Galaxy?! I mean, you fly a spaceship, how could you possibly not know how to hold this correctly?!" Shiro questioned as he fixed the gun for Allura.

     "Yeah you almost shot me!" I cry out and she looks between us before grabbing our hands and running away.

     "I'm tense! This is a tense situation." She explains and an announcement overhead orders for all exits to be sealed immediately, and I gulp.

     'This is bad...like really bad...I KNEW I HAD A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS!' I scream in my head as we began to make a break for the escape pods.

     We sprint to the pods and Shiro quickly heads for the pod as Allura and I stay by the door. The sentries began to arrive and tried prying the doors open but Allura tried to force them closed. Shiro activated his hand and began to walk back towards us to help.

     "It's going to take off! Get in there you two!" Allura cried out and I felt my heart twinge.

     "We're not leaving you." Shiro exclaimed as he still tried to forge the doors together with his hand.