~Chapter Thirty-Seven~

After the major disappointment, Coran told us about the lenses and how it will take him some time to fix them. He also explained to us about how long it was going to take us to get to the Blade of Marmora base, which was our next objective. He told us we should take a, much needed, break and we all immediately went off to do just that. We all kind of just congregated in the lounge and as I was sitting on the couch staring at the others, my gaze landed on Pidge.

     'It's been a while since we've been able to hang out...maybe now is a perfect time!' I think to myself as I suddenly arise from the couch, surprising the others, and walk over to where Pidge was sitting.

     "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" She asks while staring up at me.

     I grab her arm and pull her up from the couch and begin to drag her towards the door.

     "Hey wait! Where are you guys going?" Lance asks as he stands from his spot on the couch and I freeze at the door with a confused Pidge right behind me.

     "It's a girl thing." I say to him and Pidge releases a smile before turning to Lance and sticking her tongue out to him.

      She then takes my hand and lead me down the hall to my room. She plops down on my bed and I gently sit on the rug in front of the bed. She sits up and stares down at me with a smile on her face.

     "So, what's up? Whenever you say 'it's a girl thing' it means you want to talk about something." She says and a sigh escapes my mouth as I scratch the back of my head and awkwardly laugh.

     "Well..." I began but had to pause to think.

     'Should I tell her about what happened in the ship with Keith...well it's not like anything happened...I guess...' I thought to myself but was snapped back to reality when I heard Pidge gasp.

     I look up to her and find the camera in her hands. She looks down at me with a sorrow filled gaze and I nod to her. I get up and join her on the bed and she switches it on and begins to scroll through the pictures.

     "Hey look, it's us, we were all covered in mud from playing space rangers. Oh oh! And this was when we had played a prank on Matt, he couldn't get the dye out for weeks. Oh! And this was when we followed Matt to the Garrison, our parents were so mad at us." We release little giggles as we scroll through the pictures of our past, and whenever we found solo baby pictures we'd either awe or be very embarrassed.

    Then Pidge froze when she got to the picture of my parents and I on the day of their launch. I turned away from it and we sat in silence. I heard her set the camera down and I turned back to her as she engulfed me in a hug.

     "Don't worry (Y/n), I know they can't be dead. Especially with what we heard from Ulaz back on the base. He said there were other Azarethian rebels. Maybe your parents are still alive, and I know you've always known that, but you never talked about it...why?' She says as she pulls away to look at me.

     I avoid eye contact and put my face into my hand.

     "I just...didn't want to be to hopeful. And when your dad and Matt disappeared, I couldn't stress you out even more with my own problems..." I say and I yelp as she punches my arm.

     "(Y/n), You've been suffering this whole time...and I never even knew it..." She says as tears begin to overwhelm her and I pull her in for a hug.

     "No no, please don't cry." I say as I hold her close and soothe her.

     "Even now...you're more attentive to other people's feelings than your own." She says with a sniff and laughs.