~Chapter Sixteen~

I slowly open my eyes finding myself within one of the healing pods. It slowly opens and I grab onto the sides to brace myself. I look over finding Lance as he falls out of his pod and approaches the group of others.

     "Look we're winning!" Hunk exclaims as I stare at them in question.

     "Is there a difference between the two?" Shiro asks as they stare down at some device.

     "I think a tick is a little faster than a second." Pidge says as Lance closes in on them.

     "What are you guys doing? Having a interstellar clock race?" Lance questions and everyone turns towards him.

     "Oh Lance you ruined it...WAIT LANCE!" Hunk exclaims while wrapping his friend in a hug.

     The others turn towards me and I release an awkward laugh and smile while still clutching onto the sides of the pod with shaky legs.

     Keith walks over, extending his arms out to me. I blush as I grab his hand and he helps me down in a swift motion. Everyone crowds around Lance and I and we look to each other with tired but refreshed smiles.

     "Here, you both must be starving. Let's get you some food." Allura says while placing her hand on my shoulder.

     "Ooooo. Are you asking me on a date?" Lance says while wiggling his eyebrows.

     Allura and I look to each other and sigh before we all head off to the kitchen where Coran served Lance and I some food goo.

     Everyone starts explaining what had happened while we were passed out and I eat the last spoonful I could and passed the rest to the mice who were sitting on the table.

     "Wow...thanks you guys. But it seems like the mice did more than you." Lance says while feeding some food goo to one of the mice and looking up to Keith.

     "I punched Sendak!" Keith defends.

     "Yeah, after I apparently rose up from my coma and shot him." Lance retorts.

     "We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" Keith says frantically while holding his arms out and I stare at him in question.

     "When did that happen?" I ask and he turns to me.

     "I did it to you too! After you fainted again!" Keith says quickly.

     "Nope don't remember, didn't happen." Lance says and Keith throws his arms up in defeat with a pout.

    I laugh a little but then hang my head down as I think about how useless I was. I got injured and I even passed out.

     "Everyone, I'm sorry for not being of much help. But thank you so much for everything you did." I say while hanging my head down and staring at my pants.

     I feel a hand on my back and I look up finding everyone looking at me and Shiro's hand there.

     "(Y/n), you helped out so much. Without you, we couldn't have succeeded." Shiro says and I smile but release a burp and look up to everyone with a red face, rivaling the red lion, and everyone laughs.

     "Well now, Pidge?" Shiro says after he stops laughing and we all turn our attention towards her.

     I look down remember the fact that she wanted to leave. It hurt me of course, but if she wants to do this alone... I'll let her.

     "Pidge, we all really appreciate what you have done today. Seriously, we wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for you. I can't help but feel that you were meant to be part of our team, but I understand if you still want to leave." Shiro says and I turn away, not wanting to make eye contact with her.