~Chapter Twenty-Four~

(D/f/n)- Dad's first name
(M/f/n)- Mom's first name
(L/n)- Last name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     "(Y/n)! Don't forget your lunch!" Mom yells from the kitchen and I race to her and grab my bag from her.

     "Thanks mom! Ah the bus is here, I'll see you later!" I yell as she waves goodbye to me as I quickly board the bus and sit with my friend, Katie.

     "Hey aren't your parents going into space tomorrow?" Katie asks and I excitedly nod.

     "Yup! That means I get to spend the night at your house a bunch! And they said they'd take lots of pictures for me in space too!" I say to her and we begin our excited talk about space and how cool our parents were on our way to school.

     A few days later, after my parents launch. An announcement appeared on the news as I sat in the living room with Katie and her family.

     "(D/f/n) and (M/f/n) (L/n) have been issued MIA. Their ship appeared in the atmosphere and landed early this morning with no sign of the couple." We stare at the screen in disbelief.

     I feel as my heart drops. Tears overcome my face and I stand up from the couch and fall in front of the TV.

     "It's lying. My mom and dad aren't gone. Right? Mrs.Holt? Mr.Holt? Katie? Matt?" I question all of them with quiet sobs and they remain silent while looking down at me with saddened expressions.

     Katie approaches me with tears of her own and hugs me.

     "I'm so sorry." She says and I snap.

    I sob into her shoulder as her parents envelop me in a hug, along with Matt.

    I quickly sit up in my bed with tears in my eyes. I look around finding myself still in my room in the castle of lions. I rub my eyes and shake my head.

     "It's been a while since I've had that dream." I say out loud to myself before standing up, rubbing my eyes, and getting changed to my armor.

     I hear something clang from under the bed and bend down to find the mice. It was hard to see what they had.

     "Come on guys." I say to them and they slowly come out with the object.

     Once they were out I noticed it was the camera I found in my bag from before. I reach under the bed and pull out the bag and set it on my bed.

     "I forgot I even had this..." I say as I reach into the bag and feel around.

     I freeze in excitement at the feeling of something in there. I quickly pull out the item and almost begin crying with happiness.

     "A candy bar! And I think there's a bunch in here.....I should really save them though....ah!" Before I was tempted I shoved the bag back under my bed and plopped down onto it.

     I reached for the camera and turned it on.

     "I never did look through this, did I?" I say and the mice climb up onto me so they could look as well.

     I began scrolling and found pictures from when Pidge and I were little. There were pics of us eating together, at each other's birthday parties, and messing with Matt. I began giggling at these pictures realizing it was showing us growing up together, but then I froze when one picture popped up. It was of me and my parents before their launch...

     "(Y/n), say cheese!" Dad says as Mr. Holt takes our picture.

     He hands me the camera back and says something to my parents before returning back to Katie and the others. I then turn to my parents with a sad expression.