~Chapter Thirty~

"Allura...did we really need to do this?" I ask while looking down at the restraints on Ulaz's wrists and ankles.

     "I will not have some quiznaking Galra on the bridge of my ship." Allura says while glaring over at me and I stare at her in disbelief, but stand my ground next to Ulaz.

     "If I wanted to kill you, you would have been dead already." Ulaz stated and I quickly turn to him with an expression that read 'why would you say that...?'

     "Are your Galra threats supposed to win my trust?" Allura asked as I could physically see the irritation building up within her.

     "What I am trying to win, is a war." Ulaz responded back calmly, then turned towards Shiro.

     "And because of Shiro, we are closer than we've ever been. Our gamble on you paid off better than we could have ever imagined." I look between Ulaz and Shiro and cross my arms

     I really want to trust Ulaz, but with the way he's talking about Shiro as if he was just a toy soldier they were going to play with, made me a bit sceptical. I stepped back a bit towards Lance and Keith and stayed between them.

     "When you released me, you mentioned that there were others working with you..." Shiro questioned and I looked down at Ulaz for his response.

     "Yes, we are called the Blade of Marmora." Ulaz calmly answered and I looked over to Shiro remembering him telling us the same thing.

     "Others? Um...are they here too?" Hunk nervously asked while looking around as if there could be people hiding in the shadows.

     "Hunk, can you try not to act so scared in front of the chained up prisoner? It makes us seem a little lame..." Lance exclaims while shaking his head at Hunk.

     "I am alone on this base." Ulaz finally answered and I look over at him.

     Our eyes met and we kind of just stared at each other. I looked into his eyes as he did to mine and...I saw the amount of truth and loyalty he had just by his look.

     "Just what base are you talking about? The coordinates on Shiro's arm led us here and it's nothing but a-" Pidge snapped me out of my trance but it didn't just end there.

     "A WASTELAND!" Allura cut her off and I looked over at her and annoyance began to build up within me.

     'A species of peace, huh? She doesn't seem very calm and peaceful to me.' I thought to myself as I glared over at her and crossed my arms.

     "The base is hidden. Now that I know that it is Shiro that has come, you are welcome to our outpost. It lies dead ahead." We all stare at him in question since the only thing ahead of us were the crystals that could send us to... who knows where.

     "B-behind the Xanthorium clusters?" Pidge asked in suspicion.

     "No, right in front of it. In the hidden pocket of space-time." Ulaz calmly corrected and I looked out the window in awe.

     "Coran, are you hearing this?" Allura announced, not believing a single word that escaped Ulaz's mouth and I stared over at her once again in disbelief as anger and annoyance was ever growing within me due to her behavior.

     "I am picking up some sort of anomaly on the screens. I suppose it could be a cloaked base." Coran said through the com and I looked up and smiled, since at least he can handle the situation maturely.

     "Just fly straight through to the center of the Xanthorium cluster. You will see." Ulaz said and Allura looked at him like he was insane.

     "Do you really think I'm going to get our ship destroyed just because you say so?!" Allura yelled out and I reached my breaking point.