~Chapter Ten~

I never thought I would be so happy to sleep, but of course with all of the excitement... I couldn't. Off and on i'd wake up and fall asleep over and over again. Until I finally just gave up.

     "Might as well just get dressed." I say to myself while grumpily removing the covers after tossing and turning for the past ten minutes.

     When we came back to the castle last night, we all pretty much were exhausted, so Allura and Coran showed us to our rooms and we passed out.

     I slip my armor on and look down at the small bag that I had with me when we left earth. Inside was a change of clothes, pajamas, some snacks, a sketchbook, and a small Baggie with some art supplies. But at the bottom, to my surprise, was a camera.

     I turn it on and nostalgia overwhelms me. It's filled with pictures from our childhood and our days at the garrison. It pretty much showed us growing up.

     "I should show this to- AH!" I release a scream as alarms begin to go off throughout the castle.

     "Everybody get up! Zarkon is attacking!" Allura's voice bellows over the loudspeakers.

     "What?!" I yell out loud as I grab my bayard, drop the camera onto the bed, and run out of the room to the bridge.

     As I'm running down the hall I see Keith and Shiro ahead of me and I run to catch up with them. They notice me and we all run into the room together.

     We look around in confusion as there was no noise. No lasers. No explosions. Just Coran, kneeling on the floor, being very dramatic. As well as Allura with her arms crossed in an angry manner.

    Hunk and Pidge then burst through the door a few moments later and join me and the others as we all stare at Coran.

    "I'm guessing we're not under attack then?" Shiro questions in annoyance.

     "Well it's a good thing we're not. Because it took you...Coran?" Allura turns to Coran who halts his actions to pull out a small device from his pocket.

    "75 degrees....oh wait sorry. This is a meat thermometer." Coran states and I release a sigh as well as Allura.

     "Well, however long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready for a battle. Look at you! Only Shiro and (Y/N) are in uniform and she and Keith have their bayards. Hunk and Pidge where are your bayards? And where's Lance?" As if on cue, Lance walks into the room with a shiny face, robe, and a cup of...something.

     "Hey everyone. What's going on?" He asks sleepily and I stare at him in astonishment as to how he slept through those blaring alarms.

     "Coran and I have been up for hours trying to get the castle back in order. We decided to test the alarms and we thought it would be a good test for you as well...and guess which one failed?" Allura asks in an intimidating voice and I duck behind Hunk to avoid be called out for anything.

     "Hey, at least you guys got to sleep for 10,000 years! Monday night I was on earth and now I've flown through space in a giant mechanical lion, fought evil aliens, and eaten some weird goo in a castle. That's a lot to take in!" Hunk whines and I pat his back from behind him.

     "Yeah, I barely got any sleep. My mind was way too excited while my body was completely exhausted, it wasn't a good combination to say the least." I say from behind Hunk and release a heavy sigh.

     Allura walks over to a control panel and brings up a hologram of the entire galaxy, and it was mostly covered in little red dots that covered a huge amount of the screen.