~Chapter Thirty-Two~

When all the other paladins made their way into the green lions hangar, aka Pidge's lab, they all stared at the machine with the spore within it and Pidge on her computer.

"Oh I've seen this experiment, but quick question. Why do we need electricity from a potato?" Hunk asks while staring at the spore.

"What? No, no. I was able to crack the spore code.I ran a bioluminescent pattern through a variety of code breaking sequences, including this homemade virtual Turing machine. Of course, I had to make a few tweaks to the original design because obviously there have been several advancements since he designed it. Although you have to admit, Turing was a shining light in the world of science in an age where far too many were still-" We were all starting to blank out with her long tech speech so I cut her off by putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Pidge you're losing us." I say with a pitying smile as she turns to the others who all have blank stares.

"Just tell us! What does it say!?" Keith exclaimed which shook Pidge out of her own little world and brought her back here, but why did he seem so...angry?

"'Under attack. Galra. Help.' And there are coordinates." Pidge read out from her computer before looking up at us.

"So then...it's a distress signal?" I ask while looking over at Shiro.

"Good work Pidge. Get those coordinates to the castle's navigation system." Shiro instructed and she nodded.

After the coordinates were implemented into the ship we began our journey to wherever they would take us. Soon enough we began to fly towards an orange planet with little protruding rock formations on the outer ring of it.

"The signal came from the Olkarion, home to the Olkari. A proud class of engineers. Builders of vast cities that could change at the whim of their creators." Coran introduced them as we flew closer to the planet.

"They had a seemingly magical ability to manipulate solid metal. With just the hands, they could build a computer inside a block of steel." Allura explained then showed pictures of the cities of Olkarion and I could just see Pidge dripping in excitement.

"An Olkari once gave me this." Coran said as he pulled out this black cube which began to float in his hand.

"What is it?" lance asked as we all came closer to get a better look.

"Uh hello? It's a floating cube." Coran stated causing me to almost break out in laughter.

"Oh and watch this! My name is Coran and I'm a gorgeous man." The cube then repeated his exact words.

Pidge was literally in awe. Her eyes sparkled as she watched the little cube float upwards and repeat Coran's phrase.

"Why would a society full of literal tech wizards use spores to send a distress signal?" Keith questions and I look at him also now wondering the same thing.

"Who cares?! When do we get to see that city?!" Pidge excitedly asked.

"Actually Pidge, the distress signal isn't coming from the city. It's coming from...the forest." Pidge's face quickly turned sour as she glared out the window at the planet.

We all make our way to our lions and fly down to the planet. We watched as the huge city came into view and we flew right over it and to the large forest.

"Why doesn't anyone ever send distress signals from a cool place?" Pidge whined through the com and I released a small laugh.

"Well Pidge come on it's been forever since we've seen a proper forest.. Where I used to live we were surrounded by forests, until of course we moved away to be closer to the Garrison." I say and I hear her huff out a sigh and I giggle.