~Chapter Fifteen~

"Stand aside." Sendak commands in an authoritative voice, that makes me shiver.

"No! You are not getting past here." Shiro yells and his right arm begins to glow a shade of purple.

I see Sendak smirk before Shiro charges after him. Sendak's huge arm glows with a purple hue as well. It lunges at Shiro and grabs both of his arms, yanking him towards the purple furred alien. But before they made contact, Shiro got his right arm free and punched Sendak in his chest.

"So, I see you've spent some time with the Druids. They do love their experiments, but too bad you didn't get the latest model." Sendak says before his huge arm rockets from his body, attached by only a small glowing string, and hitting Shiro, sending him right next to me on the ground.

"Shiro!" I yell out in concern as I look up at the alien with a glare.

I summon my bayard, transforming it into my staff, and use it to help me stand up. My left leg was completely bummed, but I could still use my right one.

"(Y/n)! No, don't!" Shiro pleads in a strenuous voice but I ignore him.

I limp towards Sendak and pause as I hold my free arm out in a protective manner.

"You will not hurt him anymore." I say with a bit of strain and he laughs.

"Well now, aren't you interesting?" Sendak says before charging towards me.

In a panic I activate my shield to block most of the damage. He sends me flying back into a wall and when I hit it knocked the air out of me.

"(Y/N)!" Shiro yells before Sendak hits him once more, knocking him out.

I cough in my hand and when I look down I find blood there. My vision becomes blurry and I look up finding Sendak directly in front of me.

"Good night White Paladin." Sendak says before kicking me in the stomach, and I pass out.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw nothing but darkness. It felt as though I was floating. I didn't feel dead, though I don't know what that's feel like...

"(Y/n)." I spin around at the sound of someone calling my name, but there was nothing but the black void.

Suddenly, a blinding light filled my vision. I covered my eyes with my arm and squinted at the sudden light.

"(Y/n), hurry! We'll be late!" I hear the familiar voice once again, and I move my arm finding a memory of my past floating in front of me.

It was of Pidge, her brother Matt, and I, when we were saying our goodbyes to him before the Kerberos mission.

"(Y/n), listen. Make sure to take good care of my sister ok?" Matt says while slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"What are you talking about? It's the other way around stupid." Pidge says while pushing him off of me.

Tears fill my eyes as I stare up at Matt. He looks down at me with a smile which soon fades away. He grabs onto my shoulders in worry as I cover my face in embarrassment.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" Matt asks and I laugh.

He looks down at me in confusion as I look up to him with a tear streaked face and a smile.

"Be careful out there. Take care of yourself, listen to your captain, and come back alive ok." I say and he looks down at me with a soft smile.

He wraps me in a hug and I excuse myself so him and his sister could talk.

The memory begins to dissipate in front of me and I place my hand to it, not wanting it to go with tears in my eyes. Behind me another light appears and I spin around finding another memory.