~Chapter Thirty-One~

When we landed back in the castle I just sat in my lion. Unmoving, with my knees clutched to my chest as I weeped into them. I looked up seeing my companions looking up at my lion, at me, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't talk to them right now.

     I placed my head back in my knees and felt Ghost telling me something. I looked up again finding them leaving the hangar, with Pidge leading them out. She's definitely my best friend. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I tried to calm myself, knowing it wasn't right for me to be acting this way. I need to go see them, and talk about our next course of action. I take one more deep breath before standing up from my chair.

     "Alright Ghost, let me out please. I have to see the others." I say and I feel as she reluctantly brought her head to the ground so I could leave.

     I fold my arms across my chest as I leave Ghost. I turn and look up to her, and a flash of what had happened crossed my mind. I crouch to the ground and cover my mouth as I try my best to hold in the tears.

     "(Y/n)?" I look up quickly and find Keith by the door with a panicked expression on his face.

    He rushes over to me and crouches down to my level and tries to look at me, but if I was to look at him now I might cry again.

     "I'm sorry Keith. I'll be fine in a few minutes I know I shouldn't be acting like this-" A weight was added to my own and arms folded around me as we fell to our butts and Keith embraced me.

     "Don't try to act strong." Keith said as my brain slowly realized what had happened.

     With Keith's warm embrace, I felt safe. I started to cry once again as I clutched onto him and cried into his chest. He put his hand on my head, unsure as to what to do now that I started crying. We just sat there, on the floor of the hangar, as I cried. After a few minutes I started to calm down and just hugged Keith. I then suddenly felt embarrassed.

     'He had just walked into the room and we've been hugging on the floor, with me crying into him, for the past...who knows how long?' I think to myself as I suddenly push away from him with a beat red face.

     He looks down at me in question, until i'm guessing, it hits him as well and his face turns red. He stands up and extends a hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me up.

     "I-I'm sorry Keith...I didn't mean to-" He puts his hand on my shoulder and I look up to him, with my still reddened cheeks, in confusion.

     "I-It's fine (Y/n)...now let's go back to the others." He says before heading to the door and walking down the hall.

     I run to catch up with him and we walk in silence to the control room. As we walk I take a few glances at Keith and smile.

     'He really did cheer me up...I guess he's not the loner bad boy I thought he would have been.' I think to myself and release a small giggle which earns a confused stare from Keith before we enter the control room.

     When we enter the room we find Shiro staring out into space. Keith and I look to each other before cautiously walking over to him.

     "Shiro...I'm sorry that we all doubted Ulaz." Keith mumbles.

     "I...I still have so many questions..." Shiro says as he still stares out at space and Keith and I look to each other as I feel myself want to cry again, for Shiro's sake.

     "Do you think Zarkon is really tracking us?" Keith asked but before another word could be said the doors behind us opened and we turned around to find Allura walk in.