~Chapter Forty-Three~

I slowly began to wake up. I rubbed my eyes as I released a pleased sigh and stretched. I then froze at the feeling of something warm resting on my hip. I turn my head around to see Keith sleeping soundly behind me with one of his arms resting on me while the other he had cradled under his head. I quickly cover my mouth to prevent myself from releasing a little squeal and I smiled up at him as I rolled over to face him.

     'I completely forgot. I had started to fall asleep while we were sitting outside together and he carried me back into the castle. I can't remember everything, but I'm in his room and he has the most adorable sleeping face I've ever seen, so I don't really care right now...' I think to myself as a blush crawls across my face and I slowly bring my hand to his face.

     I brush aside the hair in his face to get a better look at him and I could feel myself falling deeper in love with him with every second I gaze at his peaceful sleeping face. I closed my eyes as I snuggled closer to him, and I then felt his arms wrap tighter around me. I quickly look up to him and see him smirking down at me.

     "Watching me sleep?" He asks and my face becomes overwhelmed in the color red.

     I lightly hit him as I bury my face into his chest and he laughed as he hugged me closer to him. I looked up at him with a pout and he smiled down at me. He then kissed my forehead.

     "Good morning, (Y/n)". He said with a smile which I eventually returned with a giggle as I kissed his cheek.

     "Good morning..." I shyly say as we remained hugging each other on the bed.

     "You must have been really exhausted last night. When I carried you back into the castle, you would mumble incoherent answers to every question I asked you." Keith said and I froze as I slowly looked up to him.

    "I what?" I say as fear courses through me as to what I possibly could have said to him.

     "Yeah, I asked you if you wanted me to bring you to your room and you lightly shook your head and clung onto me and said, 'No, I want to be with you.'" Keith recalls and my face lights up once again.

     "I-I said that...?" I asked as I stared up at him with my blush and he nodded as he pulled me up to his face so he could see me better.

     I quickly covered my face with my hands, but he quickly took them and held them away from me. He smiled down at my blushing form before giving me a kiss. I pull away when I couldn't breathe anymore and gasped as he released a small laugh. I pouted up at him until I noticed the necklace still tied around his neck. I smiled at it then sat up in his bed.

     "Keith, promise me something?" I asked and he sat up and looked over at me while leaning on his hand closest to me.

     "Of course." He says and I take a deep breath before turning to him with a smile.

     "We'll give it our all today." I smile and he seemed stunned for a moment until he nodded in determination.

     "I promise." He says and we both nod to each other.

     Today is the day. The day we fight Zarkon. We've got our rest, we've got our plan, all we have to do is start it.

     I quickly snuck my way back to my room, as to avoid any suspicion between us on the day of the big mission. I got cleaned up then changed into my armor. After that I made my way to the dinning room where all the other paladins had already arrived. Hunk had made a special breakfast for all of us. We all ate in silence and I could feel the tenseness in the air as well as overwhelming determination.