~Chapter Twenty-Five~

"Ok now, (Y/n) I'm going to activate the training sequence then I must leave. It's an Altean tradition in which we must keep." Allura says while heading to the middle of the room.

     I freeze as she begins the commands for the training and a wave of regret hits me.

     "Hey...Allura I think I changed my mind-" Allura quickly makes her way to the door and turns to me.

     "Good luck!" She cheerfully says before quickly closing the door.

     I hear the sound of something drop behind me and I slowly turn around to find a robot staring straight at me. I went to summon my bayard and as I did it was encased into a sphere and moved to the center of the room.

     "You cannot use your weapon. In the heat of combat your powers will emerge to protect you." The robot announces then it rushes me.

     I raise my arms up to block its attack and get slammed into the wall. The air was knocked out of me, but I quickly moved away from it to regain my breath.

     It charged at me again but I quickly evaded it. I back towards the middle and looked up at my bayard, longingly. It then stood up straight and extended its arm out to me.

     I looked to it in udder confusion until a sphere of magic energy appeared from its palm and it shot it at me. In a panic, I rolled out of the way and heard a huge explosion. I looked up to where the attack hit and a crater formed where the wall used to be.

     "Holy crap?! How didn't Alteans go extinct earlier?!" I scream out as the robot unleashes a barrage of blasts and I run around the room, avoiding them.

    I hear the door open and look towards it finding my team standing there with Allura, who seemed unhappy that they were there. I go to run towards them, but a wall appears, cutting me off from them, and I slid on the ground to dodge another blast and continue my sprints around the room.

     "Allura! What's going on?! She doesn't have her weapon and it's blasting her! That's unfair!" Keith yells out and I look up to him, and in a split second, I get hit.

     I go sliding and hit into the wall, which electrocuted me, and struggled to get back up.

     "(Y/n)! Allura, let me in get there!" Keith exclaims as he takes out his bayard and activates it.

     Shiro and the others try to calm him down while the robot slowly turned his attention to the others. It looked at Keith and raised its arm to him.

     Keith was then encased in the orb and was brought into the area I was in. The robot looked at me then started shocking Keith. He cried out in pain and I quickly got up, ignoring the pain.

     "Hey! Leave him alone! He's not a part of this!" I cry out as Keith gets continuously shocked.

     The robot turns to me, says nothing, and turns back to Keith and shocks him more.

     "Allura get him out of there!" Shiro yells as she just sits there and watches with a guilty expression.

     "I can't." She simply answers and I send a glare towards her then quickly look back to Keith.

     Tears begin to fill my eyes as I stare at his pain filled form. I feel this strange energy form in the center of my abdomen. I look up to the robot and raise my arm up to him. A blue sphere forms in my palm.

     "Stop it!" I cry out and the orb launches at the robot, completely destroying it.

     Keith falls to the ground and the electric walls deactivate. I collapse to my knees and feel a sudden weakness overcome me. Shiro rushes over to Keith to help him and Pidge races over to me to help me up.

     Everyone slowly makes their way to me. I slowly stand up and everyone looks at me in...awe.

     "What's wrong?" I ask while clutching my arm and leaning on Pidge.

     "(Y/n)...here." Allura creates a mirror hologram and I look at myself.

     My ears were elongated, my skin was wavering between transparent and my normal skin tone, and my eyes seemed to almost glow. I stare at myself and touch my skin and ears and feel them as if they weren't my own.

     I look up to the others and feel myself smile. They smile back but then everything started to go dark. I hear someone call out my name and then everything was black.

     When I wake up I was in the control room laying in Hunks lap. I quickly sit up and feel my ears, finding them back to normal. Everyone looks to me and I scratch my head in confusion.

     "You put all of your energy into that attack, so you passed out. But you transformed and saved Keith...it'll take some practice, but congratulations." Allura announces and a loud bang sounds from behind us.

     I turn to find Keith with his fist clenched against the wall. He sits up and approaches us. I try to sit up but fall back into Hunk, but he bends down to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

     "Allura... you put her at risk, you-" before he could continue I put my hand on his chest and he looks down at me.

     "Keith are you ok? You got shocked because of me...I'm so sorry." Tears begin to overwhelm my vision and he stares down at me in complete confusion.

     "Y-you just...got attacked. And you only care about me?" He asks completely confused.

     I look up to him with a red face and a tear filled gaze.

     "Of course. I would hate it if you got hurt because of me..." I say with a sniff as Hunk cradles me in his arms to comfort me.

     Keith looks down to me, absolutely dumbfounded, and sits down in his chair, speechless.

     "I think I understand what father was talking about when he said '...Help everyone, but don't forget about yourself...'." Allura announces then an image appears on the screens.

     "Sorry princess, but we're approaching the....thing..." Coran announces and we all look at each other.

     "Alright then, back to business." Allura says as we all make our way to our designated seats and await our orders.

     Hey guys....um....sorry it's so late...and short....and slightly a filler....and sorry if there are any mistakes...to be honest I'm sick...buuuuut I was also just at my friends house playing with her dog....yeah....but my throat is killing me, I can't breath, and I have a splitting headache....whelp! Anyways, how was your Christmas? I hope you guys got everything you wanted 🤗 now I'll see you guys tomorrow! Bye bye~
                                💙