~Chapter Thirty-Eight~

(e/c)-eye color (honestly idek why I included this....oh well)

When we walked into the control room and noticed the others had already congregated there. Shiro and I walked towards Coran who was steering the ship towards the coordinates that we had been given to by Ulaz.

"How soon until we get to the Blade Of Marmora?" Shiro asks.

"Based on the coordinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboshes." Coran answers as I sit down in my chair.

"I can't wait to see it! I mean, they were able to fold space-time, and that was just an outpost!" Pidge excitedly exclaims and I giggle.

"Mmm, the space taco. It left us too soon." Hunk sighs as he rubs his growling stomach.

"Well sure...but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!" Pidge says with stars in her eyes and arms outstretched.

"Exactly! It could take on any shape. Like a jelly donut, or long like an space eclair, or a cheese blintz with cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar, that's the stars." Hunk says with drool sliding down his chin.

"Aw, now I'm hungry for breakfast." Lance says with a whine and my stomach growls to accompany his.

"Guys, this is a serious mission. We need to focus." Keith growls and Lance silently copies him with a funny expression.

I cover my growling stomach to silence it and slightly giggle at Lance who looks at me with a smile as Keith turns and glares at Lance. He catches my eyes, but quickly looks away and shakes his head to focus.

"The base is in range." We all looked up at Coran's words.

"Take us in slowly." Shiro says as we all go silent and I stare out the window and I freeze at what I saw.

"Guys...I don't think we can..." I say as I point out the window making everyone turn to look.

"Is that a black hole?!" Hunk exclaims.

There were two black holes side by side and in between them was a giant planet, unaffected by the two giant vacuums.

"And a planet in between them? How is it so stable?" I ask in amazement as I stare out at the window.

"Oh no no no no no. It's two black holes and a giant blue star." Coran answered and Hunk and I turn to each other then back to Coran.

"That's not any better." Hunk says and I release a sigh.

"No kidding. Just inside the black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But just outside, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius." Pidge explains.

"Ok, it's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside but is still frozen in the middle, right?" Hunk deduced and I let out a giggle.

"That was actually a really good comparison." I say while giggling and Hunk turns to me with a smile.

"Ugh, but now I'm hungry for lunch." Lance says while rubbing his belly.

"Guys quiet! Coran, where's the base located?" Keith yelled and we all flinched at his sudden outburst.

"In between those three deadly celestial objects." Coran replies.

"The perfect defensive position." Pidge says and I nod.

"Or the perfect trap." Allura mutters and I look towards her in disbelief.