~Chapter Forty~

"You're...what?" Lance was the first to speak and the others stared at Keith in shock.

     "The boy went through a test of ours. He wanted to learn about the blade he held, and he learned much more." Antok explained and everyone seemed very on edge.

     'Why is everyone acting this way, so what if he's part Galra. They were excited when they found out I was Azarethian, what makes this any different?' I thought to myself as I look around at the others, than I found Allura.

     Her expression looked down at Keith as if he was the most disgusting creature she had ever seen. I clenched my fists as she took a breath in to speak.

    "How long have you been hiding this?" She asks and all attention was brought to her.

     "Hiding-?" Keith started to speak.

     "Yes hiding! How long have you been hiding this information from us!?" She screamed out and the thing I did next, surprised even me.

     I walked up to her and transformed into my Azarethian form. Everyone stared at my new silver locks in astonishment, and I looked up at her with a deathly glare.

     "What makes him and I any different. You don't have the right to be suspicious of him!" I screamed out.

     I summoned just enough of my power into my hand and slapped Allura. The force of the hit sent her onto the ground and gasps filled the room. She brought a hand to her cheek and looked up at me in astonishment.

     "(Y/n)! How dare you hit the-" Coran began.

     "The princess? Princess of what? Isn't she supposed to be the face of hope and rescue? What will she do when there are Galra refugees that need our help? Kill them off? Allura, don't you dare even think of speaking to me." I say as tears overwhelmed my vision.

     I storm out of the room and pass by Keith and tears truly began to fill my eyes. I raced to my room and flopped down onto my bed. A long scream and tears sunk into the mattress as I laid there trying to comprehend what I had just done.

     'I hit the princess. I know i'm mad but...i've never done that...to anyone...' I thought to myself as I sat up and hugged my pillow to my chest.

     As I began to somewhat calm down I noticed the camera on my dresser. I picked it up and fresh tears replaced the soon to be dried ones.

     "Mom...Dad....where are you?" I said out loud as I hugged the camera to my chest.

     A knock at the door surprised me, but I shook my head and tried to calm myself down.

     'It's probably Pidge...she's probably going to either comfort me or give me a barrage of questions.' I thought to myself as I stood up, with the camera still in hand and opened the door.

     "Look Pidge I-" I stopped myself as I looked up to not find Pidge..but Keith at my door.

     "(Y/n)...you're crying." He says while looking down at me in concern.

     I turn myself away, embarrassed by my tear stained face, and make my way back to my bed and shove my face into the pillow once again.

     "I'm sorry Keith...I know it's not my business and I don't even know why I did what I did. It just isn't fair..." I say and I feel another weight get added to the bed as it bounces.

     "What do you mean?" I hear him ask and I cling tighter to the pillow.

     "Everyone was fine when they found out I was Azarethian...I mean they were ecstatic. Yet, they find out almost the same fact about you and everyone is all judgemental just because of the species you are...it shouldn't matter. It doesn't change who you are as a person." I say and I can feel the weight shift closer to me.