~Chapter Twenty-One~

Amidst my sleep I overhear Coran's voice over the speakers. I roll over in my bed, cover my head with my pillow, and fall back asleep, oblivious to what he had said.

A while later, or a few minutes later, I feel something touch my face. I sit up with a start and the thing clings on to my face as I rise up. I freeze and open my eyes finding one of the mice, the biggest one, clutching onto my face as two sit in front of me on the bed and one climbs up on my shoulder. I let out a small, and tired, laugh.

"I'm guessing that means I should wake up, huh?" I ask the mice as I help the mouse off of my face and set him into my hand.

They all nod and I smile. I swivel and sit on the edge of my bed and release a yawn. I get up and get dressed into my paladin armor then follow after the mice as they lead me towards through the halls.

We arrive at a the room where we detained Sendak. I freeze before the door and a shiver runs up my back. The mice turn and look to me and a shake my head and smile down to them.

"It's nothing don't worry." I say to them as two of the smaller ones climb up and sit on my shoulders as the larger one lays in my arms and the medium rests on my head.

With a giggle at the mice I enter the room and everyone's attention soon sets on me and all conversation stops. On Sendak's pod were a few devices that Coran had just placed on it and a small pod sat next to Sendak's larger one. Everyone just stared at me as I tried to shrink my presence.

But I just started to feel like I didn't belong. I began backing up towards the door but Shiro placed his hand on my back.

"Coran please continue with your explanation. We will talk about (Y/n) later, but for now we need to focus." I look up to him with the mice now just piling in my arms and I hug them closer to me as a light tint covers my cheeks.

"Oh why yes! Ok, well Sendak is almost all hooked up, but I have to warn you that this technology was used to keep Altean memories alive, not to interrogate prisoners." Coran says as he goes over to the smaller pod and types something into its screen.

'Shiro is so nice...i'll never be able to thank him enough for everything he's done...for all of us.' I think to myself as Shiro removes his hand from my back and I look up to the others and watch as Pidge makes her way to my side with a smile, silently comforting me.

"Coran, we understand that this wasn't what the technology was meant for, but if we can extract Sendak's memories, then we may be able to gain valuable information on Zarkon's troops locations." Shiro says with a bit more eagerness.

I finally look around to the others finding them looking completely exhausted. Even Pidge was having trouble keeping her eyes open. The mice in my arms were also falling asleep, but that's understandable.

"Oh yeah! Then can we be like...'Knock Knock. Who's there? The legendary fury of Voltron, SON!" Lance yelled out with a pose which caused Hunk and I to heavily sigh.

"Hmmm...fascinating. So, how does this work?" Pidge asks with her face pressed to the pod, which surprised me because mere seconds ago she was just at my side.

"As the memories are extracted, they're written bit by bit on individual molecules of the micro-storage strands." Coran explains and I stare at him completely unknowing of the words he just quickly uttered with my tired and flustered brain at the helm.

"Ooo...when I go, I want all of the stuff in my brain stored into a giant ship." Lance says with a satisfied sigh while he crosses his arms with a smirk.

"The amount of information in your brain could be stored in a paper airplane." Keith sarcastically comments back and I unconsciously let out a snort.