~Chapter Forty-Two~

As we were flying through the open space a panicked Allura appeared on our screens.

     "Paladins? Are you there?" She asked as her image appeared and she looked so anxious, I kept my gaze low as I fidgeted in my spot.

     "What's wrong?" Hunk asked as we began to slow our speed and focus on her.

     "That monster that attacked us on the Balmera before, has returned! I need you all back here immediately!" She explained in a panic and we all gasp.

     "Of course, we're on the way!" Keith yelled out as her image disappeared.

     A few seconds later a wormhole appeared before us. We went through it and what we saw was astonishing. That same ro-beast, but it was beheaded. It's head as well as it's chest were replaced with crystals, as two huge crystals floated around it. And It was attacking the castle with all of it's might.

     "T-This can't be possible. The Balmera stopped this thing before, how is it still alive?" I asked as it launched an attack at the castle's barrier.

     "I know. I guess, that means we have to be the ones that beat it this time." Shiro says as it begins to notice us.

     It maneuvers itself around and launches a laser at Lance's lion. They quickly dodge it and I hear Lance gasp in surprise.

     "Whoa! How is that thing even operational?! It doesn't have a head!" Lance yelled out as I clutched onto the back of Hunk's chair in worry.

     "I don't know, but I'm sure it has something to do with those crystals." I hear Pidge say.

     "What happened though? How did it come back?" I turn to Hunk and Keith who shrug to me.

     "We can't worry about that now. We have to protect the castle." Shiro instructed.

     I could hear muffled unfamiliar screams and mumbling coming from the blue lion. I feel someone approach me and Keith comes to my side to be closer to the window.

     "How did we beat it last time?" He asked as we stared down at the creature.

     "We formed Voltron, then I stuck in my Bayard and shot it with my blaster right in the arm lasers. But that didn't stop it, so then we had to punch it." Hunk explained as he turned to look at us.

     "So we're going to need Voltron." Shiro stated.

     "But we only have two lions." Pidge said and I looked over to the castle where Ghost's hangar was.

     "Well, maybe we can form the legs and kick it?" Lance actually asked and we all go silent as we stare over at his lion.

     We were then fully drawn to the ro-beast as it fired another powerful laser at both lions. They easily dodged, but I had to cling to the back of Hunk's chair, as well as Keith, so we wouldn't fall. When we straightened out I noticed Keith had wrapped his arm around my waist to support me, but I didn't have time to blush and neither did he. Behind us two moons had blown up where the lasers had gone. We all looked in fear at the amount of power behind the blast.

     "That new laser is much more powerful. We're definitely going to need all the lions." Shiro announced through the dust that had surrounded us from the moon's destruction.

     "Hunk, you distract it so we can fly into the castle. Once we get our lions, we'll cover you so you can fly Keith and (Y/n) in for Red and...Ghost?" Shiro ordered as he slightly questioned the name I gave the White lion.

     They didn't even give Hunk a chance to respond as they flew towards the castle.

     "Wait, wait, wait. I have to hold that thing off by myself?!" Hunk asked in a panic and I place my hand on his shoulder to try and console him.