~Chapter Thirty-Nine~

(h/c)- hair color

     The soldiers lead Shiro and I into a separate room where a screen shows Keith in a empty room. His outfit had changed and all he had was the small blade. I stood close to Shiro and watched as a hole opened in the room Keith was in, and a soldier rose from it.

     "Surrender the blade. You cannot win." The soldier threatens.

     Keith didn't utter a single word as he charged at the soldier, but this guy was unbelievable. I closed my eyes and clung to Shiro as the soldier slashed Keith's shoulder. I quickly opened my eyes to look back and I watch as the soldier pins Keith to the ground and holds his blade dangerously close to his neck.

     "Surrender the blade and the pain will cease." The soldier threatens and Keith gasps out to catch his breath.

     "I won't stop." Keith replied with strain.

     "Then the pain continues." The soldier quickly let him go and backed away.

     I still remained clung to Shiro and he placed an arm around me in hopes of some sort of comfort. The soldier, in the room with Keith, then moved aside and gestured at a door behind him.

     "You are not meant to go through that door." The soldier instructed, but Keith ignored him.

     Keith ran into the door and found himself in another room, almost exactly like the one he was in just moments before. This time two holes opened and two more soldiers emerge from them. Keith fought them once again, but he was both outnumbered and overpowered. Suddenly they stop and repeat the same phrase the last soldier had said as they gesture towards a door behind them. Keith once again ignored them and bolted into the room. Yet now, he stands face to face with three of the soldiers.

     "T-this isn't fair. You're making this so difficult for him! Every time he enters another room more soldiers appear!" I say to Kolivan as I'm still clinging to Shiro.

     "Fighting the Galra is not fair. Yet, that is the fight we face." Kolivan answers and I look back to Keith finding him surrounded by seven soldiers and he's exhausted.

     "How long does this go on?!" Shiro boomed and I could feel him grip my shoulder tighter.

     "Sometimes the greatest challenge is knowing when to stop." Kolivan calmly answers and I look at Keith's determined yet bruised expression.

     "He'll never stop." Shiro says while glaring at Kolivan.

     "One way or another this will end. Knowledge or death." Kolivan says and Shiro and I look at each other before turning back to the screen.

     'Please Keith. Don't go overboard.' I think to myself as I press closer to Shiro and he squeezes my shoulder.

     Round after round passed and his body was slowly beginning to give up. He held his arm as he was surrounded by more soldiers. Then something must have sparked in his head as he threw his knife, lodging it in one of the holes that the soldiers rose from. He dodged through the soldiers then went through the hole in one swift motion while retrieving his blade. A gasp escaped my mouth as a smile spreads across my features.

     I looked over to Kolivan who still had his focus on the screen. I look up to Shiro who looks down at me and shrugs. This should be the end, Keith's body can't handle much more.

     Keith enters an empty room and I could see that he was struggling to even stand up.

     "I guess I really wasn't supposed to go through that door..." He muttered as a limp began to slow his movements, and soon enough he collapsed onto the ground.