~Chapter Eight~

"Now all we have to do is retrieve the red lion from Sendak's ship." Allura says with confidence.

     "It's a pretty big ship though, right? How will we know where to find it?" Keith asks and she turns towards him with a smile.

     "That's where you come in. You should be able to sense the red lions presence on the ship, like the other Paladins did with theirs." Allura explains and Lance nods.

     "Yeah! Remember when you felt that energy back on earth?" Lance asks and Keith turns to him with an annoyed expression.

     "Yeah. You made fun of me for that." He responds with crossed arms and a monotone voice.

     "But you have to remember Keith, the red lion is extremely temperamental. You'll have to earn its trust." Allura reminds him and he nods.

     "Alright so here's the plan everybody." Shiro announces while placing a hand on Keith's shoulder.

     As Shiro had explained, Lance and Hunk were to go in with the blue and yellow lions to act as decoys and destroy the cannons, since the Galra had already known we had them. The rest of us were to sneak inside to find the red lion.

     Shiro road with Pidge in the green lion, while Keith was with me. Once again, an awkward silence filled the lion as the two sat in silence as they neared the ship.

     "Are-are you nervous?" I ask him and he quickly turns his attention from the ship, to me, in surprise of my sudden speech.

     "Well....to be honest, I kinda am." He responds hesitantly then returns his gaze to the ship in front of us.

     A smile covers my face and I shake my head, which gains his attention once again.

     "Don't be worried. You've got all of us at your side! And I promise to help you find your lion." I say while focusing my gaze ahead of me, as I follow Pidge closer to the rear of the ship.

     Unaware. The white paladin receives a small smile from Keith as he silently thanks her for her encouragement.

     We stop, just under the ship, and exit our lions. The suits that Allura gave us were like....really fashionable and comfortable space suits, meaning a jetpack and helmet were apart of our attire making us space worthy.

     Pidge cuts a hole into the ship using her bayard and we quietly climb inside. We began to walk down a dark hallway until Shiro froze.

     "Shiro what's wrong?" I ask while approaching him, placing my hand on his arm in worry.

     "I've-i've been here before. This is where they took me after the Kerberos mission." Shiro breathes out and I squeeze his arm to let him know he's not alone.

     "Wait! So then that means the other crew members must be on board, right?! We have to find them!" Pidge cries out as she begins to walk in another direction but Shiro stops her.

     "Pidge we can't. Our mission is to find the red lion, retrieve it, and get out of here. We don't have the time." Shiro says in a sad tone.

     "But we can't leave them!" Pidge yells angrily.

     "Look no one knows prisoners more than I do, but in war, we have to make hard choices. Let's go." He says and Pidge swats his hand away.

     "NO! Commander Holt is my father. He and my brother were the ones on the mission with you. I've been searching everywhere for them and I'm not about to give up when I'm this close to finding them!" Pidge yells at him with an angry tone as I stare at her in shock.

     She turns away from us and begins to walk away. I was about to reach out to her but stopped as Shiro took a step towards her.

     "Wait! I'm coming with you. I remember where the prisoners are held." Shiro speaks up and she freezes, spinning around to look at him.

     "What about us?" Keith asks in an angry tone while gesturing towards me.

     "Slight change of plan, (Y/N) go with Keith to find the red lion. And Keith, remember that patience yields focus." The sounds of approaching footsteps cuts our conversation short as we run our separate ways.

     We ran down many hallways with forks in the road. And every time Keith chose a path, and it felt like we were going in circles. So obviously, Keith wasn't very happy about that. I grab his arm and stop his from trying to go down another wrong path.

     "Keith. Take a deep breath and focus. You need to feel for your lion, and it won't be possible with the amount of anger you're exerting." I say calmly and he sighs loudly, but nods.

     He closes his eyes and calms himself down. I watch him as he does this and I notice, that he has really long eyelashes. His eyes spring open, scaring me, and he turns towards one of the paths.

     "This way! Come on!" He yells while running ahead of me and I struggle to catch up to him.

     A few moments later we found ourselves in a huge room and at the center was the red lion, enclosed in its red force field. Keith approaches it and places his hand on the barrier.

     "We're going to get you out of here. Open up!" He yells up to the lion, but no response.

     I look up at the red lion and recall how Allura said this lion was the most stubborn, and now I can see why.

     "It's me...Keith! Your paladin! We're connected and stuff...come on!" He yells as a laser zooms past his head.

     We both activate shields from our suits and move closer together to protect each other.

     "Keith, you have to get the lion. I'll hold them off!" I summon my bayard and transform it into my staff.

     Running towards the robot guards I quickly avoid their shots, and drift to their side to strike them. I manage to hit one then have to quickly retreat as the other began to shoot once again. A beam cuts through my arm and I scream in pain.

     "(Y/N)!" Keith turns from his lion hearing my scream and charges towards the guards as they began to back me into a corner.

     He knocks them over one by one with my help, but more kept swarming in.

     "(Y/N) activate your helmet and oxygen tank!" He says while we slowly approach a control panel.

     I nod and do as he had told me. He grabs ahold of me by my waist and pulls me close to his body as he grabs onto a pole. Heat rises to my cheeks but I quickly shake it off as he slams his hand down onto a button.

     The hatch below the lion opens, and the suction from space pulls the guards out, as well as the lion. We struggle to hold on as the suction was too strong, but we couldn't. We were both launched into open space.

     A sudden chill hits me as we float. I look towards Keith and begin to panic, since he wasn't moving.

     'please move. Get up. Get up. Get up!'I say to myself over and over in my head. I shut my eyes tight then feel movement in front of me.

     The red lion "ate" Keith. It seemed to look towards me as my White lion came flying over the top of the ship, doing the same to me.

     Hey guys! Don't worry I'm not dead! But I think I figured out that I'm definitely going to be posting on weekends, but sometimes (like today) I'll post on weekdays....so pretty much my stories will be like little surprises 😅.....whelp anyways here's chapter eight (I also changed the description so look at it plz) and thank you so much for reading you mean the world to me!
                                 💙