8.

1 Week Later...

KAYLA

[Ever since my mom has gotten from the trip back to Detroit, MI. She has had the worst attitude ever. She even came back pissed off. She said that they went down there Wednesday and took the test. Jerry paid for the results to come in that same night. They went to the hotel and was gone open em' Thursday. So when mom had went to the man's hotel he had packed up and left with the results spread out on the bed. My mom was so mad bro. But lately Jerry has been teaching me about guns and stuff. It's actually interesting if you get into it and pay attention. He even took me, Joseph, and Ken to this beat down old building in the middle of nowhere, and let us work on our shooting.]

"Kayla!" I hear Jerry yell. "Sir!" I yell back. "C'mere I have a surprise for you!" He yells. I throw my book under my pillow and race downstairs. I cover my mouth as he stands there holding an all gray, full blood, baby pitbull. "Is it mine?" I ask. "Yea, it's a boy. I got him for you for protection." He says handing me the leash.

"So you want me to train him to kill?" I ask. "That's what he made for." He says rubbing his ears. "The man I got him from got his ears cut" he says patting his side as he wags his tail and jump on me. "He's so cute!" I say rubbing behind his ears. "Thank you Jerry!" I say hugging him.

"Girl get the fuck off him like that!" My mom snaps. "Ma can I go to the movies?" Ken asks coming down the stairs. "Damn this dog fye, this yours?!" Ken asks me petting him. "Yea, Jerry got him for me!" I say smiling wide. "Dang he gone be buff. What you name em'?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"Name him Kato" Joseph says coming down the stairs. "No" I say. "Oh..Jack" I say. "Nigga what?" Joseph says looking at me crazy. "It's my dog I don't care." I say jumping up and down.

"Baby maybe we could go on a date tonight" my mom suggests smiling wide at the bottom of the staircase. "I would but I gotta go back out to touch the kids on their shooting and driving and shit" he says looking up at her from his phone. "Bet!" Ken says running upstairs smiling. Joseph runs up there behind him.

"Really are you serious?!" My mom asks sounding mad. "Yes really. You keep Kaylee from me right?" He asks. "No!" My mom yells stomping her feet. "That's fine she likes the sound of gunshots anyways" he says shrugging his shoulders.

He's not lying Kaylee just laughs and spits bubbles when she hears gunshots. He had to take her with us the last time because he knows how my mom is when it comes to her.

My mom looks at me then stomps up the stairs. "Hurry up so we can go before she blow the fuck up" he says going up the stairs behind her.

I go upstairs with Jack following behind me. I go up the stairs and hear my mom screaming in Spanish. I go in there and take Kaylee while she cries and rush out. Little does he know my mom is calling him everything in the book but a child of God in Spanish, and it's kind of funny.

We're in the car and Ken and Joseph are so happy and excited. "You know momma was cussing you out in Spanish right?" Ken asks Jerry while laughing. "Yea" Jerry chuckles. "She sounded like hem folks at he nail shop" Joseph says laughing making everybody else burst into laughter.

We pulled up to the old raggedy building he usually takes us to. We get out. He reaches under the floor board and grabs the guns. He hands me the purple one he had customized for me, and hands the other ones to Ken and Joseph.

"Yo I already know how to shoot mane" Joseph complains. Jerry nods going back in the car. He comes out with a big gun. "This called a machine gun" he says handing it to Joseph. Joseph looks at Jerry. "Shoot it" Jerry demands.

Joseph pulls the trigger letting off multiple shots before falling back form he power of the gun. Ken starts laughing. "Get up" Jerry demands. "This what you gotta do" he says before instructing him on how to shoot and hold the gun.

By time we left to the house we all smelt like gun powder. We walk in the house with Kaylee sleep and Jack walking beside us. I sit her down at the door in her car seat and cut the lights on. I see blankets and pillows on the couch. "Dang Jerry, you got put in the dog house" Joseph says shaking his head.

"Wow" Jerry sarcastically says making me laugh. "Come with me" he says going up to the room. When we get in there we see my mom in bed watching Martin.

Jerry walks over to the bed and sticks his hand under it. He grabs a black velvet bag and walks out without saying anything to my mom. She signs. "Jerry!" She says grabbing his arm. "What?" He asks. "Please don't be mad at me" she begs as her eyes tear up. "I'm not" he dryly says while walking away.

He walks us into the kitchen. "Wait! Let me put Kaylee to bed." I say going over to Kaylee. I grab her car seat and walk her upstairs. I go in my room and take her out her car seat and lay her down on my bed. I go into my mom's room.

I grab the stroller dragging it to the door. "Don't bring that shit back in my room either" she scoffs. I nod my head while dragging it into my room. I lay her down in it, and cut the baby monitor on. I grab the other one and cut my lights off while walking out my room.

I walk downstairs. "Jerry are you and ma using that mini refrigerator in y'all room?" I ask. "Naw" he says looking back at me. "Can I put it my room momma moved Kaylee in with me" I say. He nods. I nod walking over to where they are.

"Nigga you gone open the bag up or what?" Ken asks getting irritated. Jerry opens up the bag pulling out some blades. "What the hell, nigga why yo ass got all these weapons?" Jospeh asks. "I swear nigga look like he be going to war and shit" Ken says laughing.

Jerry takes one of he blades and cuts his arm with it. "Nigga wtf!" Joseph yells looking at him wide-eyed as blood rides down his arm. "Sew it up" he demands. "Huh? Nigga is you crazy? Nigga you gotta whole death wish outcha! Oh hell naw! Who the fuck is my momma fucking with?" Ken yells out of shock.

"I'm tryna teach y'all how to sew injuries up why y'all standing there hurry up before I bleed out" he says calmly like it doesn't even hurt. "What do we need?" I ask. "Get you a needle, some type of string to hold the stitches and sew it like you sewing clothes or a sew-in or some shit" he says shrugging his shoulders.

I look at him like he's crazy and start digging through the jewers. Jerry has lost his mind.

I'm in my room washing my hands from Jerry's blood. Kaylee starts crying. I go to the mini fridge Jerry moved in here and grabbed the bottle. I put it in the microwave I have on top of my little dresser. I picked her up and started feeding her.

I burp and change her diaper and lay her in my crib. She starts crying. I take her blanket and spread it out on my bed, I pick her up and lay her on it.

-
-
COMMENT
-
VOTE
-
Luv you, bye❤️
-
-